Good, Cheap, Low Insurance Cost, 1st car for a 19 Year Old?

Should be taking my driving test very soon.

Ive looked at cars i would like to have. But obviously the insurance is much to high.

Any body got any good ideas which would be a good car for me?

can pay up to £2000 for the car. because I'm not paying for it. all i have to fund is the insurance.

So any low insurance cars around?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm 17 and drive a Land Rover Defender, my insurance is £320 a year because my dad is the policy holder and i'm an additional driver, my insurance for me without my dad as policy holder would be about £4000. £320 is good considering it's a £30 000 2.5 litre monster. Try getting your parents to do that for you.

As for cars, something small like a Clio or 207, go for a diesel because the running costs are cheaper and they are usually cheaper to insure as well.

• 6 years ago

Compare quotes for free at http://help.insurequote.us/-qgqvoFS562

RE Good, Cheap, Low Insurance Cost, 1st car for a 19 Year Old?

Ive looked at cars i would like to have. But obviously the insurance is much to high.

can pay up to £2000 for the car. because I'm not paying for it. all i have to fund is the insurance.

• 7 years ago

Compare quotes for free at - INSURERATESNOW.INFO-

RE Good, Cheap, Low Insurance Cost, 1st car for a 19 Year Old?

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Insurance is going to be about £2k, no question. As for a car for a grand I'd look at the usual suspects, Ford Ka, Vauxhall Corsa etc. Cheap parts is more important than any notion that the car was a reliable brand when it was new. For a grand you'll be fixing bits of it and you want a car that's not going to cost hundreds every time it goes near a garage. Tax depends on the CO2 emissions of newer cars and engine size on older ones, but you won't be able to insure anything in a high tax bracket so bargain on £160-ish a year. MOTs cost £54 plus whatever work the car needs doing to it. Bargain on spending a few hundred quid a year plus insurance and petrol to run a small car.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

I might suggest you to visit this web page where onel can get quotes from the best companies: http://insurecomparequotes.us/index.html?src=2YAVY...

RE :Good, Cheap, Low Insurance Cost, 1st car for a 19 Year Old?

Follow 7 answers

• 1 decade ago

renults are 1 of the cheapest or any car with a 1.4 or less, i past 6monts ago and have a 1.2 fiat punto my insurance is £795 but go in to the shop coz by phone or online you dont get to haggle

• 1 decade ago

good, cheap, 19 yrs old, car insurance, does not go in the same sentence

Source(s): p
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Find the best offers for you at: COVERAGEQUOTES.NET

• 6 years ago

Compare insuran ce quotes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.