Good, Cheap, Low Insurance Cost, 1st car for a 19 Year Old?

Should be taking my driving test very soon.

Ive looked at cars i would like to have. But obviously the insurance is much to high.

Any body got any good ideas which would be a good car for me?

can pay up to £2000 for the car. because I'm not paying for it. all i have to fund is the insurance.

So any low insurance cars around?

Favorite Answer

I'm 17 and drive a Land Rover Defender, my insurance is £320 a year because my dad is the policy holder and i'm an additional driver, my insurance for me without my dad as policy holder would be about £4000. £320 is good considering it's a £30 000 2.5 litre monster. Try getting your parents to do that for you.

As for cars, something small like a Clio or 207, go for a diesel because the running costs are cheaper and they are usually cheaper to insure as well.

Compare quotes for free at http://help.insurequote.us/-qgqvoFS562

RE Good, Cheap, Low Insurance Cost, 1st car for a 19 Year Old?

So any low insurance cars around?

Compare quotes for free at - INSURERATESNOW.INFO-

So any low insurance cars around?

Insurance is going to be about £2k, no question. As for a car for a grand I'd look at the usual suspects, Ford Ka, Vauxhall Corsa etc. Cheap parts is more important than any notion that the car was a reliable brand when it was new. For a grand you'll be fixing bits of it and you want a car that's not going to cost hundreds every time it goes near a garage. Tax depends on the CO2 emissions of newer cars and engine size on older ones, but you won't be able to insure anything in a high tax bracket so bargain on £160-ish a year. MOTs cost £54 plus whatever work the car needs doing to it. Bargain on spending a few hundred quid a year plus insurance and petrol to run a small car.

I might suggest you to visit this web page where onel can get quotes from the best companies: http://insurecomparequotes.us/index.html?src=2YAVY...

RE :Good, Cheap, Low Insurance Cost, 1st car for a 19 Year Old?

So any low insurance cars around?

Follow 7 answers

renults are 1 of the cheapest or any car with a 1.4 or less, i past 6monts ago and have a 1.2 fiat punto my insurance is £795 but go in to the shop coz by phone or online you dont get to haggle

good, cheap, 19 yrs old, car insurance, does not go in the same sentence

Source(s): p

Find the best offers for you at: COVERAGEQUOTES.NET

Compare insuran ce quotes