Is anybody interested in this list of transitional fossils?

I've heard many times that "there are no transitional fossils," but actually there are quite a few.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_...

Check put the links at the bottom of the page, too, they are very interesting. The main article on transitional fossils is interesting, too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_fossils

It's really cool to have actual evidence about things, and not just assertions.

Update:

Yes, to those of you who pointed this out, Wikipedia is just Wikipedia, but this article cites sources and the sources are peer reviewed. Saying "Hey, this is just Wikipedia" is sometimes like saying "Hey, this book is from the public library instead of the university library", as though that makes a difference to the book!

Wikipedia is good a listing stuff. And this is a list.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You are assuming they will listen to reason... lol

• slyton
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

List Of Transitional Fossils

• 4 years ago

Since all species are supposed to be in transition due to natural selection, the very term "transitional fossil" is essentially a misconception. But the fossils listed represent significant steps in the evolution of major features in various vertebrate lines, and therefore fit the common usage of the phrase. I took that right from that page. There is way too much time between the examples. Next............... Get A Grip

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wikipedia?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Actually, all fossils are technically transitional fossils. Evolution never stops occurring among a living species, so in effect every fossil is in some way, a transitional fossil.

So by saying "there are no transitional fossils" you are in fact saying "there are no fossils". Say that, and most people will look at you like you just said "there is no air".

• 1 decade ago

Creationists actually mean "there are no transitional fossils we know about" - and they're determined to keep it that way, so they're really not interested in the list, which is only of value to reality-based people.

• Joel V
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's amazing how conceptual artists can make a picture of an entire animal based off a skull or a tooth.

I would place good money that the majority of those pictures are based on one or two bones.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My favorite is ambulocetus natans (the walking whale that swims) because it used to be a big creationist joke until their fossils were found.

• punch
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

ALL fossils are transitional fossils. Evolution doesn't end. It is still continuing today.

• Daken
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Now if only we could get fundies to look at these fossils, but it seems that task is harder then anything else we will ever do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.