G asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Will the Phillies screw J.A. Happ?

We all know that Cliff Lee is taking Rodrigo Lopez's slot in the starting rotation. But what happens when Pedro is called up? Stats would say chuck Moyer, but that ain't happening. So will they really send one of the best-performing starters in the NL to the bullpen for someone who once was baseball's best and is now accepting league minimum? Say it ain't so!

Favorite Answer

I'm hoping they stick Pedro in the bullpen as opposed to Happ. Pedro is old and really needs to prove himself, I think, before he gets a start. In his last start in Triple A he gave screwed up a lot in the earlier innings before settling down... We had those problems earlier in the season, always having to make a comeback... We don't need that, which is why I think he we should keep Happ as a starter. He's earned it.

Moyer can NOT be a bullpen pitcher and Happ can...Happ is going to be a great starter for the Phillies but i think he is going to the Pen but if Pedro dose not pitch the way they want them to Happ will be in the Rotation again

• probably