Anthony M asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Which team from the NL and team from AL will most likely to face each other at the 2009 world series?

NL:

Dodgers

Cardinals

Phillies

Cubs

Rockies

Astros

Giants

Marlins

Braves

AL:

Yankees

Angels

Tigers

Rangers

Twins

Red Sox

Mariners

White Sox

Rays

pick any one of them from both the NL and AL respectively

oh wait, i forget i put the Brewers on here.

• Favorite Answer

Dodgers Vs. Yankees

Yankees win!

Im not bias, but I think the Yankees have the potential to go all the way. If they could figure out their fifth start then well do fine. We have a great bullpen minus Aceves and we have a powerful offensive line-up.

There are three NL teams that have potential to go to the World Series. The Dodgers, The Phillies, and The Cardinals. They all have been doing great, with good pitching and powerful consistent offense.

Personally I would like to see the Yankees facing the Dodgers in the World Series. Its a classic rivarly especially for the World Series. It would be very entertaining considering both have great offenses and pitching. I would love to see Manny face the Yankees in the World Series.

Source(s): Best Answer?!
  • Andy

Boston Red Sox vs Los Angeles Dodgers

Red Sox in 7

I would say dodgers definatly and maybe yankees but who knows because they just lost 2/2 games vs the white sox and the red sox may pass them up! White sox even have a shot if peavy gets off the dl this season

• Bonnie

I think New Zealand because of their very bad result of test cricket. Recently England has defeated New Zealand very badly also their performance not like good now. So, I think New Zealand is the most under rated test cricket team in the world or I think South Africa is the most powerful test cricket team in the world.

Phillies Yankees

Dodgers vs. Red Sox. It would of been the Yanks but they have trouble playing against the BoSox so I think they'd probably lose the pennant to them.

Dodgers for sure, and possibly the Red Sox.

The cardinals are on nowhere near the same level as the above two teams, and the cards have to deal with the Cubs, who are just as good.

Gonna say either the Rockies/Dodgers up against the Yankees/Rangers

• Albert

Former teammates Cliff Lee and Victor Martinez will face each other as Lee throws yet another complete game for back to back ws titles for Philly.