How can I possibly choose between Christianity and Islam?

I was thinking: Why would Muhammad, a successful merchant with a rich wife, sacrifice his wealthy lifestyle for persecution and rejection as a social outcast? Only a profound experience could explain this (thus as a result of cave meditation, confirming the Islamic tradition), which counters the impossible... show more I was thinking:

Why would Muhammad, a successful merchant with a rich wife, sacrifice his wealthy lifestyle for persecution and rejection as a social outcast? Only a profound experience could explain this (thus as a result of cave meditation, confirming the Islamic tradition), which counters the impossible notion that he devised the style of the Koranic Arabic himself and thus verifies its literary ingenuity to have indeed originated in the divine.

BUT, just because the Qu'ran is a miracle doesn't mean Muhammad's a prophet - it could be a test from God to see if we'll accept Islam over Christianity because the Resurrection has anyway been historically-proven by the fact that no one was motivated to steal Christ's body from the tomb, yet it was not only found empty 2 days after his death but Mary Magdaline (its discoverer) had a vision which she took as the resurrected Christ.

But the argument could be reversed, in favour of Islam: that Christianity was a test to see if we will choose it over the miracle of the Qu’ran, hence Allah didn’t send Jesus back to Mary Magdaline when she hallucinated and inform her that, not only was she just hallucinating that he had risen from the dead, but that he wasn’t even him on the cross to begin with.

So how can I decide???