Semester at a community college?

Here's the situation: my family has recently run into financial trouble (both parents out of work and things don't seem to be easing up) and I currently attend an out-of-state 4-yr institution where I am completing my BSc in biological sciences. I just completed my first year but I'm not sure if I... show more Here's the situation:
my family has recently run into financial trouble (both parents out of work and things don't seem to be easing up) and I currently attend an out-of-state 4-yr institution where I am completing my BSc in biological sciences. I just completed my first year but I'm not sure if I should jump right into my second year at my university because it would be too costly and too much of a burden on my family.

If I were to take the semester (or even the year) off and attend a local community college meanwhile, would that be a good idea? I mean this way I'm pursuing my degree at least while I'm not attending my university.

I hope to afterwards to return to my university or possibly transfer to another less costly one so that I can complete my degree. Would attending the community college be looked unfavorably by another university that I would be applying to transfer to? If I wanted to transfer should I just take time off and not attend the community college and applying once I finish my semester (or year) off?

I know this is long but I have one more question I'd really appreciate to be answered as well. I plan to eventually apply to medical or pharmacy school once I get my BSc. Would any of the above be looked unfavorably or ruin my chances? What would be the best thing to do in my situation as to not hurt my chances?

THANK YOU FOR READING!! I really hope you can answer :) .