Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Top Engineering Schools in Florida?

I need to know the most accredited engineering schools in Florida.

Favorite Answer

My cousin went to University of Miami for Biomedical Engineering and it apparently has a strong engineering program, but if you want a great school for a cheaper price tag, University of Florida is ranked pretty high for engineering (#25 for grad engineering school for US News) and if want a good engineering program (but of course you want a top school, but just a suggestion), check out University of Central Florida as well (it's in the top 100 engineering schools for grad students according ot US news).

Hope this helps, and just to make it clear, I think University of Florida may be your best bet for a great engineering education as well as a cheap price tag if you are in state!

Source(s): My cousin and US News

As a current Stetson student, I can tell you that the small hometown atmosphere really makes the university feel like a home to me while I'm here. I'm not familiar with Whittier, so I can't speak to the experience there, but at Stetson, it's a nice, cozy atmosphere on campus and the surrounding community, and when I feel like I need some big-city time, Daytona Beach is only a half hour away, and the clubs and theme parks of Orlando are 45 minutes. The campus life is only half the story though. One goes to college for the education, after all! Stetson has been consistently ranked at the top of regional universities for academic success, and have had a reputation for excellence for over 125 years. A Stetson education is a quality education. The Student to Teacher ratio is 12:1, and 63% of classes have less than 20 students. Stetson is an awesome university, and I'm glad I chose it when I was looking for colleges. Hope this helps! Sam -Full disclosure: I am a student worker for University Marketing. The opinions expressed above are mine and mine alone however.