Fipi
Fipi asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

Filipino game with rubber rope~?

my mom was just telling me about a game she played when she lived in the Philippines. Two people would hold this rubber rope, while the others would jump, hook one leg on it, and get to the other side. As the game progressed, they'd raise it higher and higher. I found an article describing something similar to it, but no name, they called it "acrobatic jumping on rubber-band string" any suggestions are appreciated! thanks~!!

(the ropes never went around their ankles, there's another game where they use rubber ropes, but it is not that one, they held this rope with their hands)

Best Answer

its called chinese garter but in tagalog we call it "luksong lubid". lukso means to jump and lubid is tagalog word for rope.

a variation is called "luksong tinik". instead of rope, players jump over stretched hands (palms) one on top of another (held by 2 squatting kids facing each other).

Elastic Band Jumping Game

I like eating off of "paper" plates. I like using "plastic" wrap for left over food. I have "leather" boots. I use "rubber" bands a lot. I don't use a rope for anything. I like wearing my "chain" necklace.

Its a simple garter that is being use in your panty and my briefs.Nothing fancy or expensive toys. That's PINOY.

very confusing point. research from search engines like google. that could help!

chinese jump rope is what it sounds like...

hmm wierd but ur pretty

it is chinese garter . find in you tube

limbo rock

ummmmmmmmmmm