What kind of spider is this?? (Picture)?

I've seen this type of spider run across my floor numerous times and can't seem to figure out what it is. They are really fast, and seem to chase you if you try to attack it. Can you help me?


2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    These are called broad faced sac spiders. they are harmless,

    but will likely bite if trapped against the skin.

    They don't chase humans, but will seek any shelter from a

    threat. (like running under your shoe)

    People bitten by these report moderate pain and symptoms

    for the size of spider.

    (looks like he already lost a leg)

    They are poor climbers, and often turn up in bathtubs and sinks.

    Unless you see a few of these, you can just ignore them.

    Source(s): UC Irvine, entomology
  • I would say that is an ant mimicking spider... ;] :) I THINK!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.