Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Looking for a Joomla paid membership site solution.?

My foundation is Joomla.

I have plenty of components in which I think I need. These include:

AEC

Virtuemart

JX Control

Anyway I'm looking for a key tip to connecting Virtuemart so that it sells memberships. Haven't been able to find anything yet. Hopefully you can shine some light on this matter.

All I'm looking to do is sell memberships. These memberships will be split up in levels hopefully but don't have to be. If you have any suggestions please write. Thanks

Thank you for your response. Here's the main problem that I'm looking to address. I need virtuemart to automate the membership signup process. Meaning I don't have to manually create and approve accounts. It should do this by itself. Any Suggestions?

Favorite Answer

are you selling memberships to the site, or memberships to something else? if its the latter, virtuemart can be wired to sell whatever you need it to sell. Upload your images, write your descriptions then...

go to -

Products>add product (your product eg. memberships)

Then, once its created, go to list products and go to the 'product status' tab.

Select 'new attribute' (memberships) then start defining properties(select 'new property', you could have an attribute called 'memberships' with three properties (levels of membership) at different price points. These would be named whatever you wanted to describe your memberships as.

Lets say property 'standard' would be $1, property 'silver' would be $2 and property 'gold' would be $3. The user selects which level of membership they require and it would update the cart with the relevant info.

Something else you could do to add some functionality is just have buttons in the description page that have a 'buy now' type function, and link them to automatically drop the relevant mebership type into the cart.

On a somewhat related note, I dont know if you have plugged virtuemart in yet, but it looks terrible out of the box. Plan to spend some time with CSS to restyle your pages to fit the rest of your site.

Source(s): used component extensively
  • Lori

Uhh NO!!! He knows what he is doing. Those sites are full of skanky people. I would just break it off unless you 2 can work together, because this is going down hill fast. But remember you gave it the ok, I would have just left when he asked me that. You must be very depressed. I know one thing no matter how depressed I get I still want to make love. And Ive been deeply depressed for serious reasons no need to discuss.