Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Are you looking forward to the return of Jesus ? Even though it means you will be murdered & betrayed?

Matt 24:3

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

Part of the answer Jesus gave.

Matt 24:9&10

9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

I asked this question 2 nights ago & was told this has already happened so does that mean Jesus is already back ?

Are you ready to be murdered & betrayed ?

MariaAntonietta™

It may be glorious but you may be murdered .

Caleb Gosa

Hate & Temples .

LOL

• Liz
    Favorite Answer

(AND NO I DON'T look forward to it, I look forward PAST IT) (I don't enjoy beatdowns for doing the right thing)

I've had years (a whole lifetime) of reading up on experiences from all over the world.

Experiences of torture, experiences of mad cruelty, experiences of holocaust, experiences modern day of people and what they do to their family if their family wants to attend congregation meetings. (cruelest beatings and torture FOR WHAT? becoming BETTER stronger people lacking addiction???)

And I have to ask you.

Would you ever fall in love with your torturer?

Why do people do some of the things they do to ESCAPE the torturer?

I cannot give in to my enemy. Why would Jesus give in to Satan and let him have his way to escape a cruel death. Usually someone like that NEVER ENDS the torture or cruelty you just buy time till the next beat down.

Not Jehovah.

AT first this concept as a child was frightening, but after reading EVERY YEAR in the year books, and life experiences and you know even in Georgia and the Eastern European countries this is happening as we speak.

Why would you STOP loving God to escape cruelty?

Jesus didn't and wouldn't. Jehovah's Witnesses didn't in the '30s and '40's for Hitler,...

Why would you worship your torturer?

I may or may not be murdered and betrayed. Then again, I have that "

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Being a coward or giving worship to the devil is not an option for me.

TOO many experiences throughout my life to not be in fear of this, I have seen God's power too many times to be afraid. I have seen his love and loyalty, I have seen his wisdom.

I have seen God's hand work.

How can you watch someone torture people (a bully at school for example) for doing right and give in to him, or go along with him, side with him to avoid being hurt by him?

You don't want to be hurt on one hand but NOT doing all you can to resist him or become one of his lackeys is not an option.

You use your head, and you hold it high and you listen to God who can make it all right if it goes all wrong, because he doesn't forget the love you show HIS name.

Heb 6:10 -Jehovah does not forget the love shown for his name

And why be fearful of those that kill the body but cannot kill the soul?

Matthew 10:28 (King James Version)

28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Those that do this work on fear factor like a rapist or an abuser.

NEVER would you want to kowtow to your abuser, or bully, or those with WAY lesser power than Jehovah.

This is interesting, and this has taught me, more than anything,....

Jehovah's power and why I don't have to fight, and why I don't have to be afraid. Because

scanty power get's you nowhere but paralyzed in fear and even gets people to go with their captor to escape more punishment for the moment.

Why not, instead, if you must GO through that make it worth something, like they will never own you.

Then go about your business and they never win, and God makes it right later.

This concept has made me stronger than any human reasoning would. You do it because it is the right thing to do and by doing this you are giving worship to the one that "wins" your choice.

And may that NEVER be my abuser..

I have seen both work, good and bad..

And you know torture or murder ends in Jehovah's loving hand, a peaceful sleep for a little while and yields peaceable fruit namely righteousness.. Jehovah wins, you wake up from your sleep in paradise, cleansed earth WITH YOUR MEMORY of death and pain GONE.

And it is cleansed...

Keeping in mind that my beliefs are somewhat unorthodox compared to most Christians (I absolutely don't believe in an eternal Hell, and I lean heavily toward some sort of reincarnation), I'd say that I'm more-or-less indifferent to death (my own, anyway). It'll happen when it happens, and whatever comes afterward is none of my business until I actually experience it. When it comes to others, however, I've honestly never lost anyone that I was particularly close to, but judging by how my mind tends to work, I imagine I would be sad for a time. They would be gone from my life, after all, and I would have no idea how long it would be before I saw them again. I probably wouldn't reserve any special grief for death, though; I would be as sad if someone close to me died as I would if they moved somewhere far away where I couldn't interact with them anymore. That, though, would only apply if they died a natural or accidental death. If they were, say, murdered, my grief would be much deeper, and probably tinged by anger, as my loved one would have had a lifetime of experiences stolen from them, and I would have had a lifetime of knowing them stolen from me. This life may not be all we have, but the experiences we have while we're here are unique; they can't be replaced. I would try to resist the urge to seek personal vengeance, though I don't know if I have that degree of self-discipline at this point. Either way, I would do everything in my power to see that those reponsible face the proper justice, for the sake of my loved one's honor.

• LJM

I do look forward to His coming at the rapture. When Jesus returns at the rapture; all of the saved will be taken out. We may see some persecution as a sign and that has begun somewhat (ex.some are seeking to make laws that "could" prohibit a preacher from preaching on Romans chapter one and others that teach that homosexuality is a sin; calling it inciting hate) Laws (if ever passed) like this could have a devastating effect on Christianity and could be the beginning of terrible persecution. I believe we are soon to enter the last days and we are starting to see signs of His coming, but He has not returned yet because if He had, I would no longer be here.

Source(s): Bible/Revelations
  • KAL

I've already been betrayed more than once...and one only needs to look at a newspaper to realize that anyone could be murdered before the sun goes down. I'd rather be betrayed and murdered for Jesus than for sex or money or revenge or any of the other myriad of reasons people betray and murder people now.

Are you kidding? Christians LOVE the thought of this. The more betrayal, the more murder, the more torture, the better! They get massive brownie points in heaven with God that way, just like their book says Jesus's disciples went through and were martyred.

The return of Jesus will be glorious, looking forward to the occasion.

Any time.

It will be my pleasure when my turn comes.

Luke 14:26 & Acts 17:24.

Now make a LIE out of those scriptures.

I am already hated by all nations. I am a Christian.

My God YHWH is the ONLY living God.

I am ready to die for Him.

I know my husband, children, friends and parents will betray me in the days that are near.

I am prepared to give my life to my God.

Here is how Jesus will return:

Revelation 19:11-21 (New International Version)

The Rider on the White Horse

11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter."[a] He treads the wine press of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

17And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, "Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, small and great."

19Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Has this happened yet?

No. Jesus has NOT returned!

While I hope to die as an old, old woman surrounded by family at a moment of peace and tranquility, if it comes to pass in my lifetime, I am ready. God bless you.