in St. John's Gospel, ch.1 verses 12, 13 what does it mean to be born 'not by the will of man'?

John 1:12-13 (New American Standard Bible)

12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john%2...

Favorite Answer

These are people who are born of the water which is his word. People that believe the word of God and that don't keep the old animal sacrifice law nor the carnal traditions of men. They filled their bellies with the word of God which is his will.

Mark 4:20

20And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

Psalm 103:18

18To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

Revelation 14:12

12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Ecclesiastes 12:13

13Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Source(s): Holy Bible

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 1:14 ¶ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jhn 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That it is talking about the Spirit of God when you get saved then you

are born again of the Spirit of God. By Man you are born on this earth

You can't get saved anytime you want to it comes from God or the

Spirit of God comes at your hearts door and knock at it and you

let God in or said no to the Spirit of God.

It is up to you to take Jesus in your life

Mat 10:40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, [so] walk ye in him:

to them

Isa 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

Jer 3:19 But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me.

Hsa 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye [are] not my people, [there] it shall be said unto them, [Ye are] the sons of the living God.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

2Cr 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

2Cr 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

1Jo 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

even

Jhn 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast [day], many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Jhn 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Mat 12:21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Act 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1Jo 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Salvation is a gift from God and the new brith is a gift from

God so the only way to get the gift is when God offer it

to you that is why you can't get saved when you want to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have Jesus in your heart?

http://www.biblebelievers.com/AllThis.html