promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

My friend's pet rat has a HUGE tumor. Is it in pain? How much for a vet visit? How to put out of it's misery?

My friend's rat is really cute, but it has a tumor the size of an Oreo cookie...it can hardly walk because the tumor is on its stomach. It looks happy enough...it still comes up to the edge of the cage to beg for attention and food...but is it hurting?

So...how much would it cost to take it to the vet and get the tumor taken off? Would it be very expensive?

My friend tried feeding the rat muscle relaxants and sleeping pills, but it didn't kill the poor thing. Is there a natural way to put it out of its misery?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would suggest you take your friends rat to a vet. The et can determine how bad it is and if he should be put down or not. Rodents are those animals vets consider pointless to do surgery on. Most likely you will be told you should keep him happy until he naturally passes away or that you have to put it down.

I'm very sorry.

Good luck

XOXO

Mash

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It'll cost about $100/£70

Don't be cruel and feed it pills. That'll just put it in an immensely HUGE amount of pain. Take it to be put to sleep - it only costs like $10.

Again, why are you trying to kill it if it's still eating and walking and looking for attention etc ?

Tumours generally don't hurt them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i once came across a person on here he/she had 60 rats apparently and when one gets sick or something she said she kills it y slamming a breezeblock or a brick on its head becuse it shatters the spine or something. i couldn't though.

a vet would charge £20 to be seen (about $27)

then about £20-50 to have it removed (about $27-65)

it probably is in some pain, i recommend taking it to a vet to see how much it would cost to have it removed and see how much it would cost p have put shown. if she works full time she will pay full price, if she works part time she will have to pay for treatment but not to be seen, if she don't work she will have to make a donation. thats what the vet does near us, but maybe different near you, and all vet prices are different.

i hope i helped

• 1 decade ago

Wow, thats nice trying to kill your rat inhumanly,

If you cannot afford a Surgery, And all your worried is about how much your spending, "he" shouldn't be owning a rat.

Go to the vet and have it humanly Euthanized . My dogs large tumor cost about 2,000 With her spayed. So i'm geussing in the 800.00 Range for "his" rat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To put the rat out of its misery would be to have it put down. Because if it has surgery it could not make it or it would be unsuccessful.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.