Can't remember name of lake town in CA!?

I camped at a lake in Northern (but not too far north) CA a few years back and I'm having trouble remembering the name! It was a fairly large campsite, with some RVs and lots of tents. It wasn't secluded at all, and there were bathrooms with showers. I'm pretty sure there was a convenience store as... show more I camped at a lake in Northern (but not too far north) CA a few years back and I'm having trouble remembering the name! It was a fairly large campsite, with some RVs and lots of tents. It wasn't secluded at all, and there were bathrooms with showers. I'm pretty sure there was a convenience store as well. I think you could swim in the lake...

They showed outdoor movies at night...don't remember much else. I'm just desperately trying to remember the name! I'd guess that it is a couple hours from SF.

Any ideas???
Update: *Thanks for your idea, ShyAngel, but it's much more obscure/less breathtaking than Tahoe. Much smaller. You can rent cabins/houses around the area, but also camp.