Masons will you answer this??? Better yet anyone?

My father in the the Masonic Lodge, I do not understand their meetings, why they gather or what goes on. My father with not tell me. I find this very odd. I ask him how did he become a mason and he tells me he is a free white male and he is over the age of 21. I find this unusual 1. Because I find it racist that... show more My father in the the Masonic Lodge, I do not understand their meetings, why they gather or what goes on. My father with not tell me. I find this very odd. I ask him how did he become a mason and he tells me he is a free white male and he is over the age of 21. I find this unusual 1. Because I find it racist that you must be white (although he did speak of one black man in the group which he did not qualify as a traditional mason) 2. Its sexist and you must be a male, not that I would like to join. He also speaks of a Bible or Book he received when he finished all of his "work" I do not know what this work might me, and he never speaks of this to me I eavesdrop. I'm 13 years old and eaten away with curiosity at this subject for some reason. Isn't a group like this illegal because it is discriminating against those who are not white and females? Also I have heard good things and bad things. And who are the Rainbow girls. Also do they preform Satanic Rituals and what not? And why are they so secretive, every mason I know is that way about the Masonic Lodge. My mother and I are also not allowed to know what goes on because we are not part of the lodge. I think its silly, if you are doing nothing wrong then why must no body know about it?

I do not buy this, its a fraternity right it only admits men...
excuse me but the definition of fraternity means it was started by a male. I know alot of female fraternitys believe it or not. It just simply means it was started by a male. So that can't be the reason it only alows men.

Second, isn't it funny how the "free masons" whom answered this question said positive things about themselves, but when you take someone who is not they have some very negative things to say. Also let's get the record straight. I know some things that have happened before with the mason's that I am appalled to even think about let alone type. I know I might sound rude but I feel there is stil alot of misconception. Also I hear my dad talking to another mason about how the black man in the group got the 3rd degree for something. And my dad also told another mason very rude things about this black man and how no one liked him in the group because he was a black mason.

Oh yes,

Masons who answer this. I want to know details of what goes on at these meetings. I have asked that specifically and no one can tell me what goes on at these meetings. Ok its a charity so what, thats not the only thing it does. My dad did not join because it was charity "he is not a giving person AT ALL"

so tell me what exactly goes on in detail and maybe I'll buy, but until then I have my suspicions.

also if it is just soooo boring and you act like you dread it...why join??? and what is degree work? I know I have a hundred questions but I want answers.