Some general knowledge questions...?
I need the answers to the following questions:
1. How tall is the Statue of liberty?
2. What is the capital city of Canada?
3. Who are the Tamil Tigers?
4. Where is the Suez Canal?
5. What is the main language spoken in Argentina?
6. What is the currency of Mexico?
7. In what sea is the island of Crete?
8. What is the definition of an island?
9. In which country is Dili the capital?
10. The Strait of Gibraltar separates which two Continents?
11. What does the name of the capital city of Argentina mean in English?
12. Why does it have this name?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. 111' 1" feet heel to head, 151' 1" feet heel to torch.
3. Separatist organization group in Northern Sri Lanka
6.1 Mexican PESO = 0.075546 U.S. dollars
7. Mediterranean Sea
8. A land mass, especially one smaller than a continent, entirely surrounded by water.
9. East Timor
10. Europe and Africa
12. Argentina is one of the most southernly located country in South America. It is situated between the Andes Mountains to the west and the southern Atlantic Ocean in the east and south. Neighboring Argentina to the north is Brazil, and Uruguay to the Northeast. Argentina also has a hold on the Falkland Islands, that are located South of Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands. Argentina was officially named República Argentina, but for legislation purposes Nación Argentina (Argentine Nation) is used.
The world Argentina comes from the latin word for silver, argentum. The history of the name goes way back to some of the first voyages that were made by the Spanish expeditionists to the River Plate Region. Survivors of a shipwrecked expedition, Led by by Juan Díaz de Solís, discovered indigenous people in the of Argentina who he gave silver objects as gifts. News of the Incredible Sierra del Plata – a mountain that is rich with silver – got to Spain in about 1524. After that the Spanish called the river of Solís, Río de la Plata ( The River of Silver).Source(s): google.com