Can any teens name a book that made them cry or made them realize something important about life?

I recently read a book called Burn, I really enjoyed it. It did make me cry. If anyone knows that book and knows anything similar to it, please recommend a book.

PS.

The book is called Burn, not Burned.

So many people confuse the two.

I am open to any books that were great reads. I am only fourteen, but I have read adult books with adult themes. If you think I wouldn't be mature enough to read something just suggest it anyway. You may be wrong. Thanks for the responses so far(:

Best Answer

may bird,warrior princess

Source(s): cest moi

-memory keepers daughter

-blood orange

-a child called it

-lost boy

I don't know what Elsewhere is about so I don't know exactly what style you're looking for.

However, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd is amazing. It made me cry, and I don't usually cry at books. It was just turned into a movie, too.

Walk Two Moons, by Sharon Creech, also made me cry. It's aimed more towards pre-teens, which is when I read it, but it's still a good book.

I also agree with The Kite Runner by Khaled Housseini. Definitely made me cry. It was very moving and emotional. However, depending on how old you are, it may not be appropriate. I don't think you should read it until you're mature enough to read about the kind of subjects presented in the book. (I don't know how old you are, so I can't tell you whether to read it or not, though.)

No, it's not the only option. Talk to your doctor or parents about getting help. Your life isn't ruined, not yet, you've still got so many years ahead of you that you have control over. As you start to gain weight you should start to feel better physically. I don't think you're too far away from feeling better on that level either, I'm about your height and once I hit about 90-95 lbs I start to physically feel so much better. In the meantime, Carnation Instant Breakfast is an amazing thing. It's chock full of protein and vitamins and will help you get healthier and gain some of that weight back so you aren't a stick. Get the powder, not the pre-mixed drinks, it tastes better (and it's cheaper). When my dad needed to gain weight growing up he'd mix two packets in one glass of milk, but one packet has always been enough for me. You can also find smoothie recipes for it too that taste pretty good if you want to get extra fiber and nutrients into your diet. When I focus on drinking at least one glass of it every day, I'm able to gain about 0.5-1 lb every week. Good luck! You CAN get better, always remember that. :)

Well I read this when I was fourteen so whatever, it's Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman, one of the best books I've ever read and it made me cry. Although I do cry at pretty much everything this was a really sad book and made me think about a lot of stuff so check it out.

• I'm not a teen...I was only a few weeks past being a teen when I read it though...Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (SPOILER)

When Harry is walking to the Forest, certain that he is going to die, I was crying. I had Cold Case on the TV and the song "Calling All Angels" was on it, that made it even sadder. If you've read the book, you'll know what it makes most people realise. =)

When I was a teen, I read "Garp" by John Irving. It has a death scene that drove me to tears then and still chokes me up. It is definitely an adult book with adult themes. I have reread it since then, at least twice, and still highly recommend the book.

I cry at lots of books...here's a few!

Watership Down

April Fool's Day

To Kill A Mockingbird

Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry

Anna Karenina - Tolstoy

Sorry...I don't know the authors to most!!!

Is that by ellen hopkins?

Well if so, i would reccommend impulse, and crank. Some books that she wrote that were absolutely amazing.

Also i like a book called willow. It really means alot. Read it. I strongly recommend.

Tears of a tiger is sad, and teaches of the downfalls of drunk driving.

I have a ton more, so if you want to know more about a book or want to know more books email me.

I know what book you're talking about, but I've never read it.

I cried in A Walk to Remember, but I doubt it's anything similar to the book you read.

Dark Tower series didn't make me cry but it was a really great series

I learned this from it: The longer the wait the greater the weight

My Sister Keeper - Jodi Picoult