Pittsburgh Pirates...?

do they have anybody left on their roster?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The Pirates have very few left from those that started the season. The main reason for that is they had very little to begin with. People keep pointing to Wilson, Sanchez, Adam LaRoche, Morgan, McLouth, etc., but even with those players, the Bucs were NOT winning. Let's face it, GM Neal Huntington did not break up the '27 Yankees, he broke up one of the worst teams in MLB! He got loads of future talent for a bunch of overpaid ballplayers--of which, only Sanchez was earning his salary. The losing has to stop sometime, and Huntington has just accelerated when that will happen.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes they have people on their roster. i think they have like 5 guys left on their 25 man roster from opening day. they would be a .500 team if they kept all the guys that they traded away in the last two years.

• Big D
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

They don't have any of their good players left as all of their good players have been traded to contenders. Pittsburgh doesn't have a high payroll so when their talented players stocks rise they can afford to keep them around.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I feel really bad for the Pirate fans. Once again the Pirate management takes their money and then shove it up their collective butts. Not right!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the questions is not do they have anyone left, it is do they have anyone marketable left, well the answer is only one person Zach Duke. But with the way they are trading everyone, he will be gone in no time. he would make a decent number three or four guy anywhere else.

• 1 decade ago

Ya they still have Andy LaRoche and Andrew McCuthen but besides them I think its just a couple of people they picked up off the street.

• 1 decade ago

haha i live in pittsburgh (aka the city of champions!!) and i stopped liking/watching the pirates right after they traded mclouth, what a shame.

so i guess what im saying is, they have NO hope! It is sorta a shame considering how well the STEELERS and PENGUINS did!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahah LOL! (:

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.