How do you prevent getting ankle and knee injuries?

I'm a basketball player and have seen many people get injured. I was wondering, how can you prevent getting ankle and knee injuries.

Favorite Answer

Keep all of your leg muscles strong, stretch, and learn to land correctly. Sometimes we will see injuries if a person has bad feet, they are flat footed or something and also if their quads or hams are much stronger than the other. Just make sure you stay strong and flexible and control your landings as much as possible, don't land with your knees locked that kind of simple stuff. You can also get your ankles taped for preventative purposes and even wear a knee brace if you are that worried about injuries.

• hoehl

They'll preclude your capability to broaden correct healthful sort and to broaden the muscular tissues, ligaments, joints, and so forth. that may avoid long run damage. If you have got ever had a forged on a leg, you could discover how so much the aid honestly weakens muscle, and so forth., whilst medication the bone. It's a an identical factor. Only appear into dressed in them in case you have a really minor damage that you are rehabbing from or whatever similar. Some honestly uncover if they have got a minor damage that it is fine to put on them simplest whilst dozing at night time. The immobilization then aids medication, however going with out throughout the day does not preclude healthful progress. If you get thoroughly equipped for sneakers, use well sort, and teach accurately (like no longer jogging via accidents, and so forth.), you should not ought to quit jogging. No, I could no longer cross utilising quite a lot of synthetic helps in an try to avoid damage -- if whatever you are much more likely to weaken your self and/or rationale it.

I badly sprained my ankle about 3 weeks ago. I was in a hurry going down the stairs, lost my balance and landed on a bad side of my left foot, causing my left ankle to be stretched going on the inside. The first 48 hours were excruciating and the pain was un-believable. I've never had a serious ankle injury before.

So I immediately treated it using the RICE method. The following day, the bruising and swelling were so horrible. I found out that I got a second degree sprain and immediately panicked after that. I had a football game on that week and it been looking forward to it because I've been training for rt. I had teammates that had similar injuries and it took them months to fully recover, some of them stopped playing altogether. So I kinda had a short-term depression because I can't imagine myself not being able to run and play sports anymore.

Because I was so desperate to recover again, I contacted a lot of people that I know who do sports and asked them if they had similar injuries. One friend of mine, from the boy's football team in my university, told me about H.E.M. Ankle Rehab. I got a copy 4 days after I got injured. I immediately read and followed what was instructed and felt improvement on the first day. I was able to walk a bit, but I was in pain.

A couple of days after that, the swelling and bruising were subsid-ing significantly and on the fourth day, I was walking comfortably again. Although I've had felt a bit of stiffness, I continued doing what was instructed. My sister was surprised that I have recovered this fast. I told her about this book and was shocked on how effective the procedures were. I'm just so happy that this book was shared to me and how effective it is.

Heal your ankle fully & fast?