can i download microsoft office 2003 onto a jump drive instead of placing it on the c drive? How?

I made an attempt at this, during setup i changed the drive from c to g, the suite ended up on both drives but after i deleted it from the c drive the copy on the g (jump) drive no longer worked

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can't do this. MS Word, along with most other Windows programs stores information about the installation in the Windows registry. Since the registry has to be located on the C drive, you can't use the flash drive to move Word to different computers. If, however, your flash drive has U3 on it or you install PortableApps, you can install a movable version of OpenOffice, Sun Microsystem's competitor to MS Office that is fully compatible with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files.

• 4 years ago

The product key on the botton of the workstation is for domicile windows XP, not place of work (study the sticker, it says domicile windows XP). you particularly ought to purchase Microsoft place of work one after the different. No pc comes with Microsoft place of work; they only contain an ordeal of place of work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.