How can being a sexually active teenager affect you emotionally?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Well there's a whole pile of ways. If you are a girl, and other girls find out, you could easily be labelled a slut which obviously has a negative effect on your self esteem.

It could also make you more emotionally attached to whoever you slept with, which brings on feelings of love etc. Then if the person leaves you it brings on pain, clearly.

As for guys, I'm not one so I don't really know, but I'd imagine maybe feelings of guilt if you weren't ready, or feelings of being awesome if you were cuz that's how guys seem to think.

Asker's rating & comment

3 out of 5
=]
  • 2
  • Comment

Other Answers (31)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    because ur brain is not mature enuf for the emotional side
    • 5
    • Comment
  • catluva answered 5 years ago
    It can add drama that you don't need.
    • 4
    • Comment
  • tebone0315 United-Year of Faith answered 5 years ago
    Sex for a teen is too much to handle, especially for the girls. Girls are always pressured into having sex.Guys tell the girls if you love me you will have sex with me. And most girls fall for that line and then get dumped when they do have sex. You are always wondering am I pregnant, do I have a disease, does he respect me or just using me?

What is strange is that all men usually want to marry virgins. If you are a girl save yourself for marriage
    • 2
    • Comment
  • lnpv5252 answered 5 years ago
    You will get depressed.
    def. wait.

Source(s):

my brain :)
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Landon answered 5 years ago
    not saving it for someone you love/marriage/whatever else can make it become a much less special experience
    • 2
    • Comment
  • andrea answered 5 years ago
    being sexually active as a teenager can affect you emotionally and physically, emotionally: if you aren't ready to have sex or the person that you have sex with breaks up with you it can leave you feeling very confused having mixed emotions. physically: if the person you have sex with hasn't been tested for STD's and HIV (most teenagers haven't, i suggest if you're thinking about being active you go get tested. i did, there's nothing to loose!!!) they could unknowingly spread it to you and you will have to live with that disease the rest of you life!!! you don't need to have sex with boys/girls for them to like you and you shouldn't let people pressure you into being sexually active. i am 17 right now and lost my virginity to my boyfriend of 2 years when i was 16. i thought about having sex with other guys before that but i Truly did not feel ready. you will know when you are ready because you wont be as nerves (i was still nerves the first few times) and you wont regret it the next day. be safe and know the facts!!!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • lollipop answered 5 years ago
    As teenagers, boys want lots of sex with lots of different girls. Girls want commitment and love. Since,as teenagers, boys and girls don't see things the same way, sex makes for mostly unhappiness.

P.S. .... Would you believe, boys have been known to lie to girls to get sex. And girls have been know to lie to themselves about what the boy really wants!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • AndyErin answered 5 years ago
    you could become attached to your partner. i know someone who was put on watch for suicide because his partner ended it after sex
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Truth is elusive answered 5 years ago
    It can cause lower self-esteem particularly in girls who can feel like they are only valued for "putting out".

Sexual activity can add emotional responses that teenagers are unprepared to deal with including jealousy, envy, self-doubt, love, and hatred.

And pregnancy or an STD will really mess with a person's emotions.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Chaely. (: answered 5 years ago
    If someone isn't ready or sleeps around, they can become depressed or dependent on the feeling. If someone is sleeping with someone they love or want to spend the rest of their lives together, it can be a good experience and a happy one. It can also effect them negatively if they get pregnant or get an STD because it can and probably will ruin their social life as well as education plans. Don't get me wrong though, teen moms can go back to school at ANY time they choose - they just have to sacrifice a lot.

Source(s):

Be responsible!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • MLC :) answered 5 years ago
    It can effect you emotionally because maybe your not ready for it, or it can cause lots of drama in your life, or maybe you feel used in some way. Theres many other ways it can effect you. Im not saying being a sexually active teen is bad or good. It can just change alot of things.

Add me on Myspace if you'd like :) [im not a sexual predator]
    http://www.myspace.com/iheartsk8e72s28
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Scott Monster answered 5 years ago
    Yes. Very much so. For some folks, physical and emotional intimacy are tied together. The newness of your own sexuality will seem exciting in its own right.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • tom answered 5 years ago
    you can feel ultimately depressed and you will feel as though you have no life
    also you may be suffering from withdrawel syptoms and this will cause paranoia as well as aids and maybe hepititus 10
    • 1
    • Comment
  • spitfire9631 answered 5 years ago
    it will cause you to feel regreet, and threfore, you will always be searching for 'love'. usually the first time you are sexually active as a teen, it is with someone, who honestly, you are not in love with. i spent the rest of my teen years searching for attention. id give anything to go back and give my husband the greatest gift he ever gave me. virginity.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • ~1/2 My heart is in Afghanistan~ answered 5 years ago
    you could get prego or get someone prego then deal with adult issues before you have to.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • jess answered 5 years ago
    Well, it can change your hormonal levels, or perhaps make you feel emotions based upon your interactions with others who may or may not support you choice of action.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • just me answered 5 years ago
    check this site out, it has literal fact about the development about the teen brain and the side effects of their judgment when making important decisions in life. I would definitely wait as a young mother of 2 teenagers currently and it is not an easy road to travel. hope this brings someone some insight. good luck and may you have many safe travels.

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • David answered 5 years ago
    Depends on the sex you're having and how old you are.

On one side, it can boost your self esteem and make you feel good about yourself. If it is with a stable sex partner you'll feel loved and comfortable.

On the other side, it can affect you negatively if you're not enjoying it, if you don't want to do it or if you're not taking care of the risks.

I was sexually active teenager and that has made me more aware of love, care, protection and pleasure.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • cafegroundzero answered 5 years ago
    The answer will differ depending on whether you are another sexually active teen, or if you are the parent of one, or even if you are the sibling of a sexually active teen, etc.

I just hope we get to have that talk, my daughter and I, before she gets to that age and stage.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Annika Montaigne answered 5 years ago
    it makes you crazy.
    You're horny all the time, you want sex all the time.
    I dont know. You feel emotions more strongly, I think. When you're happy, you're super happy and when you're sad you're really, really sad.
    It makes you also feel more lonely when you arent with anyone.
    Well for me.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ♀ LHPC ♀ answered 5 years ago
    it CAN **** you up
    if ur with a guy/girl u love it can be amazing.
    depends dont it.
    if u ent emotional mature enough to handle it then it messes with your head
    • 1
    • Comment
  • alexis answered 5 years ago
    as long as its with someone you really love it will deff bring you closer.
    nothing else really changes

Source(s):

experience. brought me and my boyfriend closer.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • grayure answered 5 years ago
    It can make you happier. I didn't have a girlfriend until i was 21.
    Having said that, i would prefer my daughter to wait a bit. She's 15 and on her second boyfriend.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Amanda answered 5 years ago
    ok....please don't be sexually active that young. It is important to have self respect and wait till your ready with the right person. If you choose to be active i think it will affect you emotionally because then you will have to worry about being proteced and maybe missing a period. So it will probably affect hugely.You also might regret not waiting .PLEASE WAIT!!!

Source(s):

I'm an older women.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • sunshine81 answered 5 years ago
    it will make you become a porn star and be able to accept the challenge of pleasing two men at once also you'll be more open to trying out women ;)

Source(s):

sexual fantasies
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Anti MJ answered 5 years ago
    ??? who r u haveing sex with for one if its with Selena Gomez ur doomed
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Use another nickname answered 5 years ago
    positively?
    • 1
    • Comment
  • hay hay answered 5 years ago
    it cant.
    you just get regret when you wish that you never slept with him.
    most of the time girls are just jelious that you are getting some.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Steve answered 5 years ago
    happiness
    • 1
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock