What is wrong with the so called "prosperity gospel"?

I have heard that a small sect of evangelical Christians are opposed to the so-called "prosperity gospel". The prosperity gospel is the gospel that teaches that God wants us all to be successful beings and that through faith in God we can all be successful. People like Joel Osteen preach this kind of... show more I have heard that a small sect of evangelical Christians are opposed to the so-called "prosperity gospel". The prosperity gospel is the gospel that teaches that God wants us all to be successful beings and that through faith in God we can all be successful. People like Joel Osteen preach this kind of gospel. Unless I am missing something I don't see how this is unbiblical. God did not put us here to suffer, he wants us to have faith in him and to be the best we can be. He has given each and every one of the tools to be a successful human being.

What do you think? What is so wrong with the prosperity gospel?