First time home buyers VA qualified, questions on loans?

My husband is a qualified veteran. He has full eligibility of his VA loan entitlement. But he was un-employed for the period October 2007 to December of 2008. Prior and after that he is employed. My question is, if we apply for home loan under VA, what is our chances of getting the loan? He is a regular state... show more My husband is a qualified veteran. He has full eligibility of his VA loan entitlement. But he was un-employed for the period October 2007 to December of 2008. Prior and after that he is employed. My question is, if we apply for home loan under VA, what is our chances of getting the loan? He is a regular state employee with $29,000 annual income. No other debt except credit cards paid out every month and other utilities. Does he qualify for a $150t loan? How much is estimated monthly payment? Please anyone who has any ideas..
Update: I'm not employed yet. I haven't got my EAD. But I had my biometrics last July 24, 2009. More or less I will receive my EAD next week (Hopefully), base on their processing time. 10 days to get SSN and I'm ready to work. I posted my resume online and been receiving call for a possible job. Just got no... show more I'm not employed yet. I haven't got my EAD. But I had my biometrics last July 24, 2009. More or less I will receive my EAD next week (Hopefully), base on their processing time. 10 days to get SSN and I'm ready to work. I posted my resume online and been receiving call for a possible job. Just got no legal papers yet. So If I'd be able to get job by September 2009, how much more income we need to be able to get a $150t loan? We're trying to avail the tax credits for first time home buyers. Or is it wiser to just have a co-borrower from the family?
Update 2: We have $30t money. But unfortunately his mom borrowed it to buy her new house. She selling her other house though, then she will give us the money.