I need help with Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller.?

I need a plot line for this book. Starting with the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, then resolution. I just can't seem to find one anywhere.

• Favorite Answer

Exposition- to inform the readers about the plot, character, setting, and theme of the essay/story.

The play starts off with a tired Willy Loman who just got back from a long business trip. He expresses to his wife Linda how he wants his two sons to be successful and hopes that his sons don't end up like him.

Rising Action- to build suspense all the way up the climactic finish.

That would be when Willy was reduced to working commission alone and was forced to borrow money from his brother Charley. Charley offers him a job, but Willy is too proud to accept it.

Climax- greatest intensity or force in an ascending series; i.e., a culmination.

The family discoverd he's tried to kill himself when Linda found a tube and "a new little nipple" on the heater, at which point Linda mentions he's deliberately crashed the car on several occasions.

Falling Action- the effects of the climax. Usually leads to catastrophe.

Willy killed himself in order to give Biff the settlement from his life insurance.

Resolution- the final ending

Willy's family, Charley, and Bernard are the only mourners who attend Willy's funeral. Linda wonders where all his supposed business friends are and how he could have killed himself when they were so close to paying off all of their bills.

• ambler

Death Of A Salesman Conflict

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): death salesman arthur miller: https://shortly.im/pdl89
  • Sandra

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avA0v

well fate would be catching his dad cheating and i hate that movie it is the most frustrating thing i like wanted the dad to die the whole time i mean like he was freaking crazyyy

The website www.sparknotes.com was created to explain all literature for kids in school. It will have all your answers.