What are the negative health effects from smoking marijuana?

Yes. What are the negative health effects from smoking pot?

If you would like. Tell me the positives to. I really don't buy that it fights cancer crap though. lmao

• Favorite Answer

none that I know of!

Their is no active ingredient in Marijuana that is physically harmful to your body. However, heated matter (smoke) can and will hurt your lungs. This doesn't necessarily mean that it is as harmful as cigarette smoke, like someone had claimed above.

As far as mental deterioration, I don't know as much. But what i can tell you is that THC, in marijuana, protects the dieing neurons surrounding mild to severe concussions. Which I am currently suffering from a level 2 concussion and a broken neck. Silly me.

I am also skeptical about the cancer thing, however there is currently no cases of cancer, brown lung, or emphysema directly related to Marijuana use.

Source(s): Basically everything I've read and studied about Marijuana in the last five years.

NONE,

It's all MYTH'S and PROPAGANDA....

The biggest negative is that most states have no mercy for marijuana users and will give you more jail time than a Crack/Meth manufacturer just for possession of an small amount.The other negatives include the prejudice, propaganda and Myths that have influenced our government,and the media that is supposed to inform our nation.

Now as for you not believing in the effects of Marijuana on Cancer,

In 1995 Researchers discovered that when they injected rats with high levels of THC compounds they GREW NEW BRAIN CELLS,in this experiment they were trying to establish how much THC it would take to kill an animal.(the rats didn't die)

In may of this year Dr. Guillermo Velasco and his team of researchers form the University of Madrid(Spain) released their report of Autophagy of Terminal Brain Cancer Cells(that's self digestion of cancer cells)their tests were on 2 Terminal Brain Cancer patients with documented tumor diagnoses,They injected a THC compound into the tumors and they disappeared over a 10 day period.This information was found in a research journal magazine(I have personally communicated with Dr Velasco to verify this information)

When Doctors state Smoking Marijuana is bad for you they are referring to the known fact that inhaling SMOKE period(no matter from what plant) is bad for your lungs,it depletes oxygen to the lungs/blood/brain....(so does holding your breath) it does not contain Tar and Nicotine/Formaldehyde that Cigarettes do.It does not cause blood poisoning,health issues that Alcohol does.

I don't think you wanted to know this,But I felt you needed to be informed. Please don't make your decisions based on the information given out through the DARE program used in the school systems for over 20 years now. It's based on the Myths and Propaganda movie "REEFER MADNESS"(from 1936)

I challenge you and all readers to prove me wrong, do the research.

The information is out there waiting for you to discover it, the same as I did.

Source(s): Life,Liberty,and Justice... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA1gj3Gxxr4

I smoke heavily for many years, morning, noon and night. And it wasn't till I gave up that I realised the negatives to pot smoking. There is so much I could tell you, but it would take pages. Heres a few things....

Pot gives you a mellow high as long as you have it whenever you need it. It becomes a security blanket or a reliever. But when it starts to run out or there is none at all, the high becomes a stressful low. You become frantic, depressed, agitated and sleepless, some even violent. If you have a partner who smokes also, it can put alot of tension between you both as you each try to combat the low.

Some may also find when coming down, that in stressful situations, your hands sweat, your body shakes and your direct thinking and reasoning goes haywire. Agressiveness kicks in & the first thing you run to after that situation is pot, to put yourself back on the high.

I smoked that much that I could not function until I had, had my morning dose, I could not sleep until I had smoke enough at night. I would substitute pot for food that I lost an extreme amount of healthy weight, that I border lined anorexic.

Occassional smokers experience the opposite where they get "the munchies" and crave food.

Giving up pot is a hard experience... Unable to sleep, until you become that exhausted you finally drop. Unable to eat, that your stomach continually hurts, and the mood swings are that bad, nobody wants to be near you. The affects last between 7-14 days, depending on the amount you use to smoke. Once you overcome that period, your thinking & your appitite comes back along with your taste buds. Food never tasted so good.

About Cancer...."Smoking" Pot does not fight cancer, Studies have shown that someone who smokes five joints per day may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.And the worst thing is many mix their pot with tabacco.(honestly smoking anything is not good for you.)

Injecting pure THC would be better, as some medical experiments have shown that THC decreases cancer cells when "directly" applied.

The medicinal use of pot is used for pain relief, as it helps the body to relax and subdues pain. But studies have also shown as it affects your short term memory it could well contribute to Alzheimer’s in the older years.

Like i said there is so much I could say about the negatives and some positives of pot, but we'd be here all day. If you want to talk more dont hesitate to email me.

• Ann S

The negative is that it hurts your lungs. The positive is it helps relieve the nausea that you get when you are taking chemotherapy for cancer.That must be what you are thinking of...it has never been said to cure or help prevent cancer.

• Rod

None, I have been a smoker for 33 years, and have some when I get home like other people sit down with a glass of wine.

In perfect health.

Negatives: the obvious: loss of short term memory, weaker lungs, makes you lazy haha

it does not fight cancer, it helps with the nausea and to reduce pain (which you can consider positives), it can also help you sleep. check out this article/study that just came out, i posted a question about it, you may find it interesting...

Well, bringing smoke to the lungs isn't good, no matter what.

But it helps fight cancerous cells, no matter if you believe that or not.

i don't have any positive ideas in this case. i think that's its not a good idea for your health. anyway i don't know about the medical back ground of this plant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OqSRfzqwWA

Youtube thumbnail

kills tumors for the

":really don't buy that it fights cancer crap though. ''

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5188/cannabinoi...

heath negatives... now thats something iv been looking to find for years of research .

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.sht...

its called cannabis by the way marijuana is slang.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_hea...

if you don't use marijuana or if you dont know much about it, then just shut it..

do a research and educate yourself... what matters is the truth.

please watch the docomunetary...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGpFdJuAkU0

Youtube thumbnail