EmilyRose asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

how to catch stray kitten?

there is a stray kitten living at my stables. he is quite young and hungry but doesnt come to food because it has learned the other cats will chase him away. any other was to catch him??? i want to catch him so he wont starve.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

corner him but wear gloves and a long sleeve shirt

or when you see him offer him yummy chicken milk and fish and he might come to you if no other cats are around but still wear gloves and stuff

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Are the other cats tame? Take them all inside for a little bit and bring out some food--tasty food, such as some bits of meat or wet cat food. I know it sounds bad, but the crazy strays can be caught with nets that are used to bring a fish in to a boat. If you want to keep the kitten around, you will have to move the other cats until the kitten gets older and stronger, or find the kitty a good home.

• 1 decade ago

Start feeding him. Then get a humane trap, set it up with a chunk of tuna on one side with the trigger, then lay newspaper down and drizzle with tuna juice, comes in the can. It may take a few night and some patience but you'll get him. DON'T try to grab him! It will make him very frightened of humans forever! If you need more help, contact your local animal shelter. A human trap can be found online. Drive him into a room away from other cats so he can get into the trap.

Good luck, and don't forget to spay/neuter.

KiKi

• 1 decade ago

Gather a small group of people, all wearing gloves, and find the kitten. As a group work to corner the kitten and grab him by the scruff. It takes a little patience, but I know you can do it!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • obe
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

He won't starve. He's a wild cat. A barn cat. They can take care of themselves. I understand you want to take care of him, but trying to catch him will make him angry and you could get hurt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.