Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Are Queen officially broken up and finished?

Since Paul Rodgers left, it says on Wikipedia "Queen WERE an english rock group." and on the listed former members it says: Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon. Are they going to find a new lead singer or are they done forever?

• Favorite Answer

No. They are looking for a new lead singer.

Brian & Roger didn't want to even tour under the name Queen but their label made them do it. They planned on changing band names.

I think they've pretty much run their course.

But I have heard rumours that after Queen was on American Idol last season, they wanted Adam Lambert to take Freddie's place. I can't say for sure if it will happen. I don't think anyone could take Freddie's place and nothing good could come of Lambert being the new Freddie.

Here's some info for you

Queen + Paul Rodgers (2004–2009)

the end of 2004, May and Taylor announced that they would reunite and return to touring in 2005, with Paul Rodgers (founder and former lead singer of Free and Bad Company). Brian May's website also stated that Rodgers would be 'featured with' Queen as Queen + Paul Rodgers, not replacing the late Freddie Mercury. The retired John Deacon would not be participating.

On 15 August 2006, Brian May confirmed through his website and fan club that Queen + Paul Rodgers would begin producing their first studio album beginning in October, to be recorded at a "secret location". The album, titled The Cosmos Rocks, was released in Europe on 12 September 2008 and in the United States on 28 October 2008.

Queen and Paul Rodgers officially split up without animosity on 12 May, 2009. Rodgers does not rule out the possibility of working together again.

So, as it says, they MAY work together again.

• ?

Ask Freddie Mercury if Queen is broken up.But Freddie was a nice guy so maybe he liked the idea of his vision continuing onward with a different singer but Queen with out Freddie isn't Queen.

Hmm...i wasn't aware that Paul Rodgers left the band. I love queen but i agree with some fans. Queen died when Freddie Died.

I particularly think they've been finished since Freddie died... John Deacon seems to agree with me.