How do I set up a wireless network on an already secure network?

Ok, so I live in an apartment on my college's campus, and I just bought a wireless router so that i can access the internet without being stuck in a corner. To access the school's internet, your computer must be registered with their network, as is mine, but if my computer isn't hooked directly with the... show more Ok, so I live in an apartment on my college's campus, and I just bought a wireless router so that i can access the internet without being stuck in a corner. To access the school's internet, your computer must be registered with their network, as is mine, but if my computer isn't hooked directly with the wall, the network blocks me. When I called the tech support they told me that they don't support the wireless, but there is a way to set it up, but they weren't allowed to tell me how. There are a bunch of folks in this apartment complex that have a wireless set up, so I know it's possible. I don't know what to look for, hopefully one of you guys or gals may know what I'm talking about.