What chance do you think Obamacare has of passing? Have you called your congressman to complain?

Favorite Answer

Following is three pages of highlights of HR 3200, the Democrats' Health Plan. And yes, I read it. If you would like to verify these highlights, go to www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3200/text It's over 1000 pages in length, so it takes a while to upload.

I don't know about you, but the idea of some non-medical bureaucrat telling me what I can and can't have in the way of medical care is downright frightening. Especially the part about euthanasia for us Senior Citizens.

PG 22 of the HC Bill MANDATES the Government will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

PG 30 Sec 123 of HC bill - THERE WILL BE A GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments / benefits you get

PG 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill - YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!!

PG 42 of HC Bill - The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC Benefits for you. You have no choice!

PG 50 Section 152 in HC bill - HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise

PG 58 HC Bill - Government will have real-time access to individuals finances & a National ID Healthcard will be issued!

PG 59 HC Bill lines 21-24 Government will have direct access to your bank accounts for electronic funds transfer

PG 65 Sec 164 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions & community organizations (ACORN).

PG 72 Lines 8-14 Government is creating an HC Exchange to bring private HC plans under Government control.

PG 84 Sec 203 HC bill - Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private HC plans in the Exchange

PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill - Specifications for Benefit Levels for Plans = The Government will ration your Healthcare!

PG 91 Lines 4-7 HC Bill - Government mandates linguistic appropriate services Example - Translation for illegal aliens

PG 95 HC Bill Lines 8-18 The Government will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Government HC plan

PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill - Specifications of Benefit Levels 4 Plans AARP members - your Health care WILL be rationed

PG 102 Lines 12-18 HC Bill - Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice

PG 124 lines 24-25 HC Bill - No company can sue the Government on price fixing. No "judicial review" against Government Monopoly

PG 127 Lines 1-16 HC Bill – Doctors / AMA - The Government will tell YOU what you can make.

PG 145 Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE

PG 126 Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay for HC for part time employees AND their families.

PG 149 Lines 16-24 ANY Employer with payroll $400,000 & above who does not provide public option pays 8% tax (Fine) on all payroll

PG 150 Lines 9-13 Business with payroll between $251,000 & $400,000 who doesn’t provide public option pays 2 - 6% tax (Fine) on all payroll

PG 167 Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesn't have acceptable HC according to Government will be taxed (Fined) 2.5% of income

PG 170 Lines 1-3 HC Bill Any NON-RESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay)

PG 195 HC Bill -officers & employees of HC Admin (Government) will have access to ALL Americans financial / personal records

PG 203 Line 14-15 HC - "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax" Yes, it says that

PG 239 Line 14-24 HC Bill Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected (More Rationed Care)

PG 241 Line 6-8 HC Bill - Doctors, it doesn't matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid the same amount of money

PG 253 Line 10-18 Government sets value of Doctor's time, professional judgment, etc. Literally, value of humans.

PG 265 Sec 1131 Government mandates & controls productivity for private HC industries

PG 268 Sec 1141 Federal Government regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs

PG 272 SEC. 1145. TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS - Cancer patients - welcome to rationing!

PG 280 Sec 1151 The Government will penalize hospitals for what Government deems preventable readmissions.

PG 298 Lines 9-11 Doctors, treat a patient during initial admission that results in a readmission-Government will penalize you.

PG 317 L 13-20 PROHIBITION on ownership and investment. Government tells Doctors what and how much they can own.

PG 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3 PROHIBITION on expansion- Government is mandating hospitals cannot expand

PG 321 2-13 Hospitals have opportunity to apply for exception BUT community input required. Can you say ACORN?!!

PG 335 L 16-25 & PG 336-339 - Government mandates establishment of outcome based measures. HC the way they want. Rationing

PG 341 Lines 3-9 Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advanced Plans, HMOs, etc. RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs people!

PG 379 Sec 1191 Government creates more bureaucracy - Telehealth Advisory Committee. Can you say HC by phone?

PG 425 Lines 4-12 Government mandates Advance Care

I doubt it has a snowball's chance in hell (where they have socialized medicine) of passing... at least in its current form.

Too many people are beginning to learn what we've known from the beginning: The fatal economic flaws, the overall destructive nature of the bill, the -Unconstitutionality-, etc.

Many of the amendments to the bill lessened the nuclear nature of the legislation, but it is still an atrocity that should never have seen the light of day. Sunlight is the best antiseptic. We just need to keep the pressure on Congress.

Yes I have called. I doubt that it will help. The best thing we can all do is if it passes, just stop what you are doing and EVERYONE show up at a doctor's office or hospital at the same time. How does the government possibly think they could add in 50 million people without insurance and not add ONE more doctor? Impossible.

I pray to God it won't pass. I can't believe some of the things I just read in it. It really is ridiculous. While there are good things, the bad are just going to hurt the middle class more and more. There's going to be 2 classes soon, the lower class everyone living on welfare and needing the gov't and the high class, throwing money around like it's candy.

I don't think it will pass. When the congressman have time to sit down and read this garbage they will vote no. If it did pass hundreds of thousands of jobs would be lost, but Obama isn't worried about that hes busy shoving it down our throats when most Ame ansans don't want it.

• Jill M

I guess it is going to come to a vote in September. They are also saying that they are going to add the Cap and Trade bill to it before then. I don't know if it will pass or not, but I'm emailing our Representatives and Senators every day with my wish list so they send me back platitudes -afterall, I'm just another Sheeple.

I have also tracked down all the blue dog emails and sent them all emails. What good will that do? I don't know. Maybe while they are all at home people will nag them into doing what is right. We'll see. :)

I have sent an email opposing Obamacare to My Representative and my two Senators

Since the Congress idiots get a chance to read the damn thing and they will have time to hear the screams from voters, I think they will be afraid to vote for it and it will fail miserably!

My senators don't care what we say. Feinstein & Boxer will vote for this scam. My moderate republican rep will vote no!

Source(s): Obama is not my fault!
  • Miss Q

I think the plan should be scrutinized carefully by both sides. There may be things in it that actually hurt people that need care the most.

Have you called YOUR Congressperson to demand they abolish Medicaid, Medicare & the Interstate system? Socialist plots all!

(You see how nuts that sounds? Huh?)