Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 1 decade ago

Where can I find out which theaters Ponyo is playing at in California?

I know it comes out for a limited release on the 14th, I can't find the theaters!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Jallan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are lots of listings of theaters by area on the web. Just find a site for your town or the nearest urban center by typing “movies'' or “films” into Google, followed by a city name.

You should then see the theaters with what they are playing and what they will be playing a week from now. Often, before about a week before a film is released, no-one knows exactly what theaters it will be playing in.

For example, someone who owns five film houses in an area may agree, based on pre-release information, to have two screens given over to a new film, and order it on that basis. But even the person who orders it may not know when ordering it in exactly which screens in which theaters the film will play. The person may have decided to probably have the film play in a particular theater, but when it comes to the date, the film already playing in that theater may be doing so well that it now seems better to hold it over in that theater and play the new film in a different theater.

• 1 decade ago

http://www.fandango.com/ponyo_124365/movieoverview...

This is a limited release movie, so unless you're in a heavily populated area it might be a bit of a trek, but this will show you where it's playing. Good luck! I want to see this too. It looks so cute. (=

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.