what is a good wedding budget?

Favorite Answer

It is best to work off of percentages. I looked this one up online but there are many others:

Attire 5-12%

Cake 2-3%

Ceremony 6-10%

Entertainment 3-10%

Flowers 5-15%

Invitations 2-5%

Reception 35-55%

Photography/Video 7-13%

Transportation 2%

Rings 7-15%

The knot.com has a great budget, you just type in your amount and it breaks everything down. You can then add or subtract items that suit what you want and lower or raise the amounts. So if it budgets $100 for transportation but everyone is just carpooling 5 minutes away then you can transfer that $100 into something else.

The way I did it was to write down each category like dress, food, music, etc. and write an amount that I reasonably thought it would be and what I would be comfortable with. Both my fiance and I did this separately. Then we compared final totals and saw that both were way too high. We then came up with a final total together that we were comfortable with. We then adjusted the categories to make the number work.

I liked doing it this way, b/c instead of having to fit your big plans into a small budget. You can see how much your big dreams really do cost and you know the reality and what you can really afford and what needs to be taken out.

Hi Sweetie You can stay in your budget by cutting numbers in the guest list and like a previous comment their there to celebrate your wedding not to eat up your food. Stick to finger food like meatballs , wing dings, salad, bread, store potatoe salad and others so you can place money in other areas now if food is what you want the most than go with that and cut other area like print your own invitation buy your gown off last year clearance at david's or Demetrio's make your flowers from the craft store or use 1 rose for your bridemaids. Lunch time is the best even better during the week at night. Picture can be cut by having a photographer there for the wedding only and have someone take pictures at the recession. Just have a nice digital camara on hand and the best thing is to get help from your family people you can count let their wedding gift be something they can help you with in the wedding . Good Luck and may God Bless the days of your Marriage

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is a good wedding budget?

Source(s): good wedding budget: https://tr.im/Mg5C5

What ever you can afford. Here is a basic breakdown:

Attire5-12%

Cake2-3%

Ceremony6-10%

Entertainment3-10%

Flowers5-15%

Invitations2-5%

Reception35-55%

Photography/Video7-13%

Transportation2%

Rings7-15%

When I was married I looked at different sections and tried to prioritize things. Like I went heavy on the food side of things. I had a really expensive beautiful cake but I copped out on things like transportation. I was also able to save money on invites/save the dates and anything printed because I am a graphic designer and was able to make my own up.

Just look at things you are good at and use your strengths to save money. So long as you don't stress yourself by doing things like trying to bake your own cake.

When all was said and done my wedding was around; $20,000 or 25,000

It can be anwhere from $100 to a million dollars dependin on the kid of wedding you want. You can get married at the courthouse or have a Donald Trump type wedding. It just depends on what you can afford. I wouldn't go into debt for a wedding though.

• Sam

My fiance and I have budgeted $2500 for our wedding and so far we have only needed around 1500.

I would say about 1,500.00. Thats how much my wedding was and it was pretty and everyone had a good time. I did also getting married in my parent back yard though, so that saved my husband and I alot of money.

I am having a $13,000 and I feel my wedding is perfect! It has everything I want and more. There is no need to spend $30,000 +. Just prioritize and shop smart!

Whatever you can comfortably afford. Whether it's $500 or if it's $50,000.

No more than $5000, in my opinion.