I need Help in: SWOT analysis ?

Would any body please help me? i'm doing an assignment using SWOT analysis method about an oil company. i've search online for ideas and templates it helps me a little but still i need more good ideas and information.

second thing: what should i say about the system that the Information Technology are using in the oil companies?

Please Please Help>>

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, here is a SWOT for Exxon Mobil if it helps:

Strengths

Leading market position

Exxon Mobil is the world’s largest publicly traded integrated petroleum and natural gas company

with market capitalization of $337,236.8 million as on May 15, 2009.The company operates in more

than 200 countries under the names Exxon Mobil, Exxon, Esso, and Mobil.

The company holds exploration and production acreage in 36 countries and production operations

in 24 countries around the world. In 2008, eight major upstream projects started production. The

total oil and gas production available for sale averaged 3.9 million oil-equivalent barrels per day in

Exxon Mobil has interests in 37 refineries located in 20 countries and markets its products through

more than 29,000 retail service stations. In 2008, refinery throughput averaged 5.4 million barrels

per day, and petroleum product sales were 6.8 million barrels per day. Exxon Mobil is the leading

global supplier of lube basestocks and marketing finished lubricants, asphalt, and specialty products.

Exxon Mobil leads the petrochemical industry with interests in 49 wholly-owned and joint-venture

facilit

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.