How can I get my 5 year old son to stop his bad behavior?

My son just turned five and he is always messing something up. For example this week alone he has... * Tore apart a plant of my grandmothers that her grandmother gave her. * Colored on his wall with pen after I cleaned all his walls, then stabbed his wall with the pen several times. * Poured soda into the jug of... show more My son just turned five and he is always messing something up. For example this week alone he has...
* Tore apart a plant of my grandmothers that her grandmother gave her.
* Colored on his wall with pen after I cleaned all his walls, then stabbed his wall with the pen several times.
* Poured soda into the jug of change my grandparents have in their room.
* Put toothpaste in the toilet, tub, on counter, on the hairbrush, curling iron, wall.
* Sprayed his Capri Sun drink all over the kitchen, the walls, the ADT system, counters, floor, dining room floor.

Two weeks ago I discovered he has been peeing in his room, I didnt know it till there was a smell, he also peed in his lego box.

He puts food and pours drinks in his toy box's, When he gets mad at my daughter, his sister he will hit her, throw something at her, bite her, or hit her with something then five minutes later they say they are best friends.

I have tried time out in a chair with a timer set for 5 minutes one minute for each year is is old and every time he gets up or playes with something I start it over, he does well in time out but it doesnt stop his behavior.
I have a sticker chart to work on different things he has issues with for example he gets a sticker for not hitting his sister, or for helping clean up after himself, I even wrote up a little promise note for him and read it to him and he agreed and "signed" his name and it is up with his sticker chart, they get to go to the Dollar Store if they earn all their stickets or go to Dairy Queen or alone time with me "Mother and Daughter time" or "Mommy and Cameron time".

When I found out about him peeing in his room I took everything away from him. I moved every book, toy, toy box, everything out of his room his room was empty except his furniture. He was only allowed to play ooutside on the swing set (he needs to kill the energy).

He has not seen his father in two years and we live with my grandparents they help out so much since I am a single mother, I am working on moving out but my son is just tearing up the house.

What else can I do to change his behavior? He is not bad all the time he has days where he will play with his sister all day, no fighting, and they will watch movies, and wont fight at all. I dont want to have to put him on medicine I want to try behavior modification if I can. Please help. Some days it is so bad Im in tears!!!

He thinks a lot of it is funny, he will throw a toy or something into the creek and laugh about it.
Update: I would like to add in responce to some answers yes I have tried even a light spanking and I dont leave him alone, he is watched but when you tell him no he does it and laughes. He does get punished and he is always attended. Most of the time he see's that myself or my grandparents are cleaning, doing the... show more I would like to add in responce to some answers yes I have tried even a light spanking and I dont leave him alone, he is watched but when you tell him no he does it and laughes. He does get punished and he is always attended. Most of the time he see's that myself or my grandparents are cleaning, doing the dishes, or something where we are not stairing at him 24/7. You cant look at your child 100% of the day every day or else your wouldnt be able to get anything done. I have a daughter that needs help with homework and needs attention too. I have talked to a psychiatrist and she said he needs medication but Im not one of those parents that say oh my being a mom is too hard im going to drug my kids. If he needs it as a last resort fine, but Im looking for advice on things to try not to say your a bad parent. Other parents should support eachother not make their job harder!