How do you get rid of System-Guard -09?

A friend of mine is having a really hard time getting rid of this. I've tried downloading programs that get rid of it, but it's taken over the computer and won't let you use IE. It wouldn't even let me google and kept going back to a yahoo search page. I'm a little tech savvy with computers, but this is really kicking my butt. The computer already had Spyware Dr and Kaspersky, but it still got this malware. Any suggestions?

I say again...

I CANNOT DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS OFF THE INTERNET. THE MALWARE HAS TAKEN OVER INTERNET EXPLORER AND WILL NOT, I SAY AGAIN, WILL NOT LET ME DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS OFF THE INTERNET.

I KNOW WHAT IT SYSTEM-GUARD IS...I KNOW HOW TO GOOGLE. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHAT OTHER OPTIONS I HAVE GIVEN THE SITUATION I HAVE TRIED TO EXPLAIN.

Favorite Answer

Use your PC & a usb stick; save free malwarebytes & free Superantispyware to the usb stick, put the usb stick in your friends computer & run them.

If they don't run, read,look & learn:

http://freepcsecurity.co.uk/2009/04/20/rename-exe-...

Here is a link to a website with complete removal instructions.

As you are tech savvy this should'nt pose too much of a problem.Remeber to be careful when you edit the registry as wrong choices can result in a computer non booting.Check twice and delete once

I would also delete all restore points by switching off system restore as this software has a tendency to reinstall itself even if deleted due to it being stored in the system restore point.Once computer clean and running normally then enable system restore.

A very efficient program is MalwareBytes Antispyware This program I can vouch for as I use it all the time.

Hope that helps.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware...

download-update- full scan(takes over an hour)-restart

u can try quick scan first if u're in a hurry

EDIT: also u can try trojan remover, download it and update and scan your computer, delete the viruses it finds, restart the computer and see if u're ok, if that didn't work, trojan remover has an option where it renames the file that has a virus instead of deleting it, try that and u'll probably be safe.

worked for me.

you could use the cds that came with the pc and reset the PC to factory condition you would lose all the data but you would have a working PC