Have you ever felt lonely in a relationship?

I feel so alone with the guy I am dating. Everyone comes before me...his work, his friends, his activities, his kids, his ex-wife. I feel this relationship is all about HIM. Whenever I ask for quality time he states that I don't understand how busy he is. Am I being insensitive, or isn't the whole... show more I feel so alone with the guy I am dating. Everyone comes before me...his work, his friends, his activities, his kids, his ex-wife. I feel this relationship is all about HIM. Whenever I ask for quality time he states that I don't understand how busy he is. Am I being insensitive, or isn't the whole idea of dating.courting to get to know one another and spend time together. How can you get to know someone that you aren't spending any time with?
Update: BTW - When I try to go and do my own things such as have dinner with friends or go out with my girlfriends...he gets jealous and accuses me of cheating which is false!
Update 2: Thanks to all your answers. I feel like I am playing second fiddle. It's really pathetic that the only time we can go out alone is Saturday night...even then he is texting other people when we are together and while we do have a physical relationship he will not allow me to spend the night because he... show more Thanks to all your answers. I feel like I am playing second fiddle. It's really pathetic that the only time we can go out alone is Saturday night...even then he is texting other people when we are together and while we do have a physical relationship he will not allow me to spend the night because he doesn't want to bring that around his teenage children. I respect that however...5 hours on a Saturday night is not much time.
Update 3: Skeeter, I have told this man exactly what I needed from him. I told him that I needed more quality time together and his response was to break up with me???? Citing that he did not want to hurt me by not spending enough time with me. I have told him specifically what I need from him. I communicated with him... show more Skeeter, I have told this man exactly what I needed from him. I told him that I needed more quality time together and his response was to break up with me???? Citing that he did not want to hurt me by not spending enough time with me. I have told him specifically what I need from him. I communicated with him that if he wished to date me that he would need to let me know in advance...by Wednesday noon....he would repeatedly ignored my needs and would call me last minute for me to clear my schedule and be with him. He was to take me out to a home and garden show on a Saturday ...I understood that he had to work that morning but he promised me that once he finished his job he would be by to pick me up. I waited four hours then called him only to find him at his Nephew's basketball game....No phone call from him to tell me that he wasn't coming over....just left me hanging there