Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 decade ago

hey this might be a little random but do you know of any good quotes, songlyrics, or poems?

• Jo W
    Favorite Answer

These are all my favorites -

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES -

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” - Anatole France

“Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.” - Pamela Vaull Starr

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

“Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” - Thomas Alva Edison

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” - Albert Einstein

“He is able who thinks he is able.” - Buddha

“Recognition is the greatest motivator.” - Gerard C. Eakedale

“Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.” - Albert Einstein

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” - Zig Ziglar

“Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” - Confucius

“One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Drink to me” - Pablo Picasso

SAD/HEARTBROKEN QUOTES -

“Though lovers be lost love shall not.” - Dylan Thomas

“He's also there for people who have lost loved ones.” - Don McClure

“Parting is all we know of heaven, and all we need of hell.” - Emily Dickinson

“To be with a man who hasn't tried every line, who hasn't broken up with a woman every which way you can break up with them, is kind of nice.” - Uma Thurman

“It's afterwards you realize that the feeling of happiness you had with a man didn't necessarily prove that you loved him” - Marguerite Duras

LOVE QUOTES -

“Came but for friendship, and took away love.” - Thomas Moore

“Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.” - Swedish Proverb

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” - A. A. Milne

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” - Judy Garland

“True love always makes a man better, no matter what woman inspires it” - Alexandre Dumas Père

“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” - Arthur Rubinstein

“Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never.” - Charles Caleb Colton

“Woman reaches love through friendship; man reaches friendship through love” - Mohammed Hijazi

“I love you,

Not only for what you are,

But for what I am

When I am with you.

I love you,

Not only for what

You have made of yourself,

But for what

You are making of me.

I love you

For the part of me

That you bring out;

I love you

For putting your hand

Into my heaped-up heart

And passing over

All the foolish, weak things

That you can’t help

Dimly seeing there,

And for drawing out

Into the light

All the beautiful belongings

That no one else had looked

Quite far enough to find.

I love you because you

Are helping me to make

Of the lumber of my life

Not a tavern

But a temple;

Out of the works

Of my every day

Not a reproach

But a song.

I love you

Because you have done

More than any creed

Could have done

To make me good

And more than any fate

Could have done

To make me happy.

You have done it

Without a touch,

Without a word,

Without a sign.

You have done it

By being yourself.

Perhaps that is what

Being a friend means,

After all.” - Roy Croft

“I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies.” - Pietro Aretino

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” - Roy Croft

“You're my sweetheart to the max. I love you like Crispy Critters.” - Wesley Willis

“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” - William Arthur Ward

“You taught me to love fearlessly and to open up my heart. I've never known anyone like you. I love you to no end.” - Phil Martin

“Some people never say the words 'I love you'. It's not their style to be so bold. Some people never say those words: 'I love you' But, like a child, they're longing to be told.” - Paul Simon

LIFE QUOTES -

“The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” - Robert Flatt

“Once they move, they're gone. Once you move, life starts over again.” - Jim Hinkle

“When you feel that you have reached the end and that you cannot go one step further, when life seems to be drained of a

my favorite poem is "the square root of 3"

I’m sure that I will always be

A lonely number like root three

The three is all that’s good and right,

Why must my three keep out of sight

Beneath the vicious square root sign,

I wish instead I were a nine

For nine could thwart this evil trick,

with just some quick arithmetic

I know I’ll never see the sun, as 1.7321

Such is my reality, a sad irrationality

When hark! What is this I see,

Another square root of a three

As quietly co-waltzing by,

Together now we multiply

To form a number we prefer,

Rejoicing as an integer

We break free from our mortal bonds

With the wave of magic wands

Our square root signs become unglued

Your love for me has been renewed

Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you can. [John Wesley]

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do. [Mother Teresa]

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. [Aesop]

If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things. [Albert Einstein]

And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. [Abraham Lincoln]

God brings men into deep waters, not to drown them, but to cleanse them. [John Aughey]

-It is not length of life, but depth of life.

-Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

[Ralph Waldo Emerson]

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. [Helen Keller]

One cannot think crooked and walk straight. [Anonymous]

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. [Anonymous]

-Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.

-If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.

[The Reverend Jesse Jackson]

Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. [Mark Twain]

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. [James Dean]

The purpose of life is a life of purpose. ~Robert Byrne

It is never too late to be what we might have been. [George Eliot]

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not. [Kurt Cobain]

He who angers you conquers you. [Elizabeth Kenny]

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver. [Mahatma Gandhi]

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. [Winston Churchill]

Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly.

[St. Francis de Sales]

We teach others how to treat us. [Anonymous]

• carol

Q1. i just like the chinese language new yr fesivals coz its so giant and vibrant and plus it has some thing to do with culmination basket!! =P LOL Q2. My favorite scene in Naruto might be while Sakura is making an attempt to quit Sasuke from leaving the village to head off with Orochimaru. That and the combat among Naruto and Sasuke within the Valley of the Death or something its known as Q3. I might kill Naraku from InuYasha, best coz InuYasha hasnt performed it but =P i might do what he did to Kikyo to him best coz im now not ingenious. That or i might get the 7 balls of Dragon Ball Z and want that Naraku was once lifeless. Simple and now not so ingenious LOL sorry!! Q4. InuYasha had a particularly dangerous finishing coz they havent killed NARAKU wtf? i suppose they will have to kill the dangerous man earlier than finishing the exhibit. The manufacturers commonly obtained lazy and determined we will have to purchase the manga to discover out what occurs subsequent ho ....

BILL HICKS

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.

o Queens Theatre Late Show (1993)

"God put [dinosaur fossils] here to test our faith!"... I think God put you here to test my faith, dude. Does that bother anybody else, the idea that God might be ******* with our heads? I have trouble sleeping with that knowledge.

The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love. That's the message we're brought up with, isn't it? Believe or die! "Thank you, forgiving Lord, for all those options."

Billy Joel

Videos destroyed the vitality of rock and roll. Before that, music said, "Listen to me." Now it says, "Look at me."

Mountain size the pain,

If ceased would bring us sound.

No clarity to shape the lost all went unfound

But with hope of man, shine faith from all unseen.

Braided hands that reach for nothing but belief

"Absent are the Saints" by 36 Crazyfists

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you.”

Colin Raye

Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth.”

Ravi Rastogi

http://en.thinkexist.com/

check it

song lyric---

"could it be? if you could be mine, we'd both shine"

---nas, "if i ruled the world"