Lulu
Lulu asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Alternate endings to Hide and Seek?

Hi, I just finished watching the movie Hide and Seek, and after looking it up on imdb, I found that there are about 5 alternate endings. Would anyone mind telling me what each one was? One of them was tacked onto the ending of the version I ordered on demand -- Emily (Dakota Fanning) is in a mental hospital, rather than at the Dr's home with the 2-headed picture.

Best Answer

Endings

This film has a total of five different endings, The US theatre release had the following ending:

Preparing for school while living a new life with Katherine, Emily draws a picture of herself and Katherine, suggesting that everything is fine. But when the camera cuts back to Emily's drawing, Emily has two heads.

Another four were included on the DVD released in the USA:

Ending #1: The same as the ending in the US theatre release, except that the drawing Emily makes of herself has only one head, suggesting that she is fine and does not suffer from the same disease that killed both her parents.

Ending #2: Emily is shown seemingly in a new apartment bedroom, and Katherine's actions mirror that of her mother's at the beginning of the film. She reassures her love to Emily and begins to leave the room. Emily asks Katherine to leave the door open, but Katherine insists she cannot. As the door shuts, a protected window is visible on the door. The next cut is of Katherine locking the door from the outside, revealing this assumed apartment bedroom is actually a hospital room in a children's psychiatric ward. Emily gets out of bed and does a Hide and Seek countdown. She nears the closet, opens, and smiles at her own reflection in the mirror.

Ending #3: Same as above in the psychiatric ward, but without the Hide and Seek countdown.

Ending #4: An ending similar to that in the psychiatric ward, but in this ending Emily is not in a ward but her new home. After Katherine shuts the door, Emily gets out of bed to play Hide and Seek with her own reflection.

You can find it at wikipedia.

Hide And Seek 2

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Alternate endings to Hide and Seek?

Hi, I just finished watching the movie Hide and Seek, and after looking it up on imdb, I found that there are about 5 alternate endings. Would anyone mind telling me what each one was? One of them was tacked onto the ending of the version I ordered on demand -- Emily (Dakota Fanning) is in a mental...

Source(s): alternate endings hide seek: https://tr.im/nSwlH