Political ideology aside... Who else would support this....?

When you go in the Military... when you enter certain types of Professions... You have to take a Mental Health Assessment like a MMPI or MMPI 2. Who else think that our Elected Officials (All of them) should have to take a mental health assessment to keep the whack-a-doodles out of power? I mean some of these memebers of Congress are Fruit-loops...

Mandatory Mental Health testing for Elected Officials... it's a good thing.

Yes or No and why...........

I don't know about you, but I want to know if my Congressman or Senator is a paranoid / delusional BEFORE he starts passing Laws or voting on others....

Put it under the jurisdiction of the Surgeon Generals Office... I'm serious folks... we need something like this. These people are nut's... on both sides!

Favorite Answer

if they did, most would fail. Remember, the smart people are usually not people-persons. Therefore they are Never elected. The idiots who try to be popular and get votes are ALWAYS elected and are dumber than bricks!!

One day we will stop judging our future presidents by their TV appearances and listen to their words.

Nah, that's too hard, I'll just vote for the guy CNN tells me to vote for!!

• 1. Tests can be beaten. I point out the astronaut that was arrested for driving 900 miles in a diaper (no pit stops. . .) to kidnap her romantic rival to the man of her dreams. If NASA can't develop adequate mental health screening, what makes you think that the US Government could?

2. What is the standard? If you are too right/left wing, you are crazy? There are some pretty outlandish opinions out there, some could be looked at as being insane. Ron Paul is pretty out there, and Ralph Nader. . . Don't even get me started on that media whore!

3. There would be no agreement on the definition and guideline of "mental health". So if you don't agree with the powers that be, are you crazy? Some might paint it that way. The test would have to be changed whenever the alignment of the parties changed in government.

4. Some seen as crazy have some of the best ideas. I mean, I am all for paying a "flat tax" (20% of everyone's annual salary - no ifs, ands, or buts). Does that make me crazy? Some would say "yes".

• Remember that mental illnesses are disabilities and technically that's discriminatory. The only way the military gets away with it is because they're issued weapons and mentally ill soldiers could be a danger to themselves or others. As much as you might want to whine that "congressmen are dangerous to others!", you're not handing them loaded weapons - it's not a direct threat. This would be discriminating against disabled people and it would never fly. As someone who's clinically depressed myself I can certainly handle myself while on the job and I would hate to be kept out of a position just because of that - it's the electorate's responsibility to decide whether or not I'm fit for the position.

I think it would be good thing for almost any job that requires a strong sense of resposibility not only for the welfare of the people but also for the welfare of the person, a job in politics especially can cause a lot of stress so it would be a great idea to have a mental health evaluation..... but dream big its not gonna happen...

I believe every politician no matter their affiliation should have to take the Mental Health testing. That would rule out the insanity that we have had in Government for many many years.

I also think political dirty tactics should not be allowed.

• eller

It sounds lots worse than it fairly is. preparation working occasion, if it have been to be privatized you will in all probability have distinctive companies that would desire to compete to grant preparation provider to people, the extra suitable people go with for something i.e. preparation the extra suitable opposition there'll be to fill that go with for. now not only that yet you will in all probability have distinctive thoughts available to you. people who artwork and pay taxes are identifying to purchase their teen's preparation any way why now not have thoughts, the indoors optimum sector would in all probability have non income run colleges for individuals who does now not be waiting to pay. The question that I ask is why is it that school is presented to each physique yet there are undesirable young ones who do now not carry out precise? It has lots to do with how they are raised, and not the college equipment. As for minimum income optimum individuals do now not make minimum income, as quickly as you place a man made shrink on pay you disturb the industry equilibrium and you have inefficiency. If a income substitute into too low in an open industry such as you stated people does now not artwork for that employer and that they could be forced to spice up the income to a suitable element. there is likewise an unintentional trickle result from min. income will develop, many government and union jobs are in accordance with particular multiples of the minimum income hence ensuing in extra suitable proper costs of goods and centers in union heavy industries which hurts the buyer extra suitable proper than the income to the persons who income from the upward thrust. in case you have self belief this to be fake why now not have a minimum income of $20 hour ? What do you think of of would happen if the minimum income substitute into that ultimate? i'd venture to declare the charges of american products and centers would desire to be too severe and we would desire to in all probability outsource many industries outright to maintain aggressive skill against our distant places places opposition.

Yes

Yes, I would support it.

I think it is important to have a sound mind to enter high level or high risk jobs. Look at the looneys with guns, and imagine them with power. Heaven help us.

You raise an excellent point, but since it's the proverbial inmates running the asylum it's not likely anything like that will ever happen.

America has to clean up congress and vote out the liberal dem fruit loops before we are being euthanized, and frought with deliberate diseases like swine flu