Young Adult/Teen book to buy?

Im going to borders tomorrow. I want to buy a book. (No s**t, sherlock!!!)

Im begging you, please, no twilight/vampire ripoffs. nothing about "chosen ones" or "forbidden love, where the guy/girl is a different species than the dude/gal, and so, they must not be together". no series like uglies, pretties, specials, etc, or obvious classics ive already read like harry potter and a series of unfortunate events or things like that. not magical worlds. please. no freakin narnia or bridge to terabithia. and im sick of meg cabot writing recycled ideas. no "hatchet" type books of survival.

i want a book that either makes me laugh my butt off, or makes me cry my eyes out, or makes me swoon like a sailor (i ahve no idea how swooning relates to sailor, it just sounded cool), or makes me go to sleep at my parents bedroom because i am oh so scared. maybe theres a book that has all that, who knows? im okay with strong language and controversial topics.

something alone the lines of Audrey, Wait!, or Thirteen Reasons Why, or books like that y'know. thanks you guys!!! gettin my read onnn. :)

oh yes. i sounded kinda harsh, didnt i? you're probably thinking, "ugh shes so picky, she should do it herself." its just that everytime i go to borders, i love it all so much, i spend hours walking along the bookshelves. and by the time my dad gets pissed off and yells "PICK A FREAKIN BOOK AND LETS GO!!!" [hes no very fond of reading, you see?] i grab whatever i see and many times am dissapointed. so this time i just want to get in, get it, and get out. ill pay of course. :D

thanks for putting up with me, fellow members of Y!A community. i love you all ♥

Favorite Answer

omg. i know how you feel... i could walk around borders for HOURS. i love the feel of turning the pages of a new book...

anyway... lol.

if you want something funny (and kind of controversial), read "spanking shakespeare" by jake wizner. that book made me lmao and definitely has some controversy (the main character re-writes the story of noah and the ark and it includes: masturbation, beastiality, and incest, just to name a few)

some good books that make you think and possibly cry are "the perks of being a wallflower" by stephen chbostky (or something like that), any book by chris crutcher (he's one of my fav authors), and "sold" by patricia mccormick.

"elsewhere" by gabrielle zevin is a really good book... very interesting.

"the dust of 100 dogs" by a.s. king was pretty interesting. a little slow at times, but a good action/adventure book.

"hero" by perry moore is good. i even cried at the end...

"it's kind of a funny story" by ned vizzini is another really good book.

any book by ellen hopkins is pretty good... my fav is "impulse" though. her books are always pretty intense... maybe even a little depressing.

and... just for good measure, here's my list of book i want to read. i obviously haven't read them yet, so i can't say if they're good or not, but i've looked them up online and they look pretty interesting or they're just a classic that everyone should read:

- "Misery" by Stephen King

- "Funny Little Monkey" by Andrew Auseon

- "Monster" by Michael Dean Meyers

- "Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher

- "Exit Here" by Jason Myers

- "Chinese Handcuffs" by Chris Crutcher

- "The Sledding Hill" by Chris Crutcher

- "Absolute Brightness" by James Lecesne

- "Almost Perfect" by Brian Katcher

- "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini

- "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" by Mark Twain

- "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee

- "The Catcher and the Rye" by J.D. Salinger

- "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult

- "That Was Then, This Is Now" by S.E. Hinton

- "Rumble Fish" by S.E. Hinton

- "Tex" by S.E. Hinton

- "Taming the Star Runner" by S.E. Hinton

- "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak

- "Go Ask Alice" by Anonymous

- "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger

Source(s): a fellow book lover

Okay, I'm not sure if this is your type of book. But I sure did laugh pretty hard after reading these books. It's a series called the Stephanie Plum Series written by Janet Evanovich and it consistes of 15 books, and four misc. books. Trust me, you'll get hooked on them. They're about a 30 year old bounty hunter who's new in the buisness. There's parts that are suspensful while other parts are hystarical. Along the way you learn about bounty hunters. Also there's some romance to it, not to much, but enough to make it hystarical. I love 'em sooo much! They're amazing. The first one is called One for the Money and it's amazing. You won't be able to put any of them down. They're sold at book stores, and local libraries carry them as well. I hope this helped! If you'd like more titles in the series go to www.evanovich.com. Hope I helped!

Source(s): www.evanovich.com

I suggest the demonata. It DOES have a seperate, maybe magical world in it, depends on the opinion. character can use slight amounts of magic.

the first book is Lord Loss and it was very good (i think) and the second is Demon Thief and has a great ending.

If you are completey against these, maybe try Fight Game, its about a gypsy boy, also interesting story.(dont want to give it away)

OH, and fight game is also a series, havent read the second.

You should try the Georgia Nicholson Series by Louise Rennison. It's super hilarious! the first book is called Angus, Thongs, and Full-Fontal Snogging!

It's seems your into fantasy books try some books by these authors: Patricia Wrede-(Talking to Dragons, Mairelon the Magician, Raven Ring, The Enchanted Chocolate Pot, etc.)-some of her books are geared for young adults although some appeal more to younger teens Vivian Vande Velde-(Companions of the Night, Heir Apparent, Dragon's Bait, etc.)-recently became more popular, her older books are more young adult then her most recent publications, although they're still good Anne McCaffery-(Dragonriders of Pern, Dragonsong, Dragon Drums, etc.)-a little higher reading difficulty but very enjoyable Mercedes Lackey-(Phoenix and Ashes, Burning Brightly, The Fairy Godmother, etc.)-her books are really well written and hard to put down, although some of them do contain adult content If you want a summary of any of the books just type in the type or the author to amazon, there's some really well written ones there, much better than anything I could write.

Skin Hunger: Kathleen Duey

Sadima lives in a world where magic has been banned, leaving poor villagers prey to fakes and charlatans. A "magician" stole her family's few valuables and left Sadima's mother to die on the day Sadima was born. But vestiges of magic are hidden in old rhymes and hearth tales and in people like Sadima, who conceals her silent communication with animals for fear of rejection and ridicule. When rumors of her gift reach Somiss, a young nobleman obsessed with restoring magic, he sends Franklin, his lifelong servant, to find her. Sadima's joy at sharing her secret becomes love for the man she shares it with. But Franklin's irrevocable bond to the brilliant and dangerous Somiss traps her, too, and she faces a heartbreaking decision.

Centuries later magic has been restored, but it is available only to the wealthy and is strictly controlled by wizards within a sequestered academy of magic. Hahp, the expendable second son of a rich merchant, is forced into the academy and finds himself paired with Gerrard, a peasant boy inexplicably admitted with nine sons of privilege and wealth. Only one of the ten students will graduate -- and the first academic requirement is survival.

Sadima's and Hahp's worlds are separated by generations, but their lives are connected in surprising and powerful ways in this brilliant first book of Kathleen Duey's dark, complex, and completely compelling trilogy

It may not sound like much but if you read it I know you'll like it, I know I did.

P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern is brilliant.It's really funny and then really sad at times.It's about a girl who loses her husband and is devastated about it,then she finds out that he has left her a bunch of letters that has things in them for each month that she must do.I'm not the best at describing it but it is a brilliant book.

Hope you find just what your looking for :P

hmm , here are a few that i like , and you can check them up on amazon or google to see what they're about . :)

the host - stephenie meyer

the hunger games - i forget the author

the thief lord - cornelia funke

the immortal instruments series - i forget the author

Source(s): i have read these and they are some of my faves ! :)