Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

can you get pregnancy symptons after 1 week?

I been feeling really tired and emotional and my boobs have been a bit sore. My friend suggested that i might be pregnant. About a week and a half ago i missed 1 days pill. This is the only time i can think of that might result in pregnancy. Otherwise i have been taking it correctly.

Is it possible to get symptons after such a short space of time?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

First of all YES you can start to feel changes in your body very quickly after conception. I knew with 3 out of 4 pregnancies that there were changes taking place in my body within 48 hours after conception. As soon as the egg is fertilized your body begins to release massive amounts of hormones so your uterus will accept the egg for implantation. With ALL my pregnancies, the home test only confirmed what I already knew... preggers!!

Whether you're pregnant, no one online can say, but you can have the beginning "signs" very early.

Source(s): Mom of 3 and preggers with #4
  • 4 years ago

No. One week after ovulation and fertilization (which doesn't even mean one week after intercourse, since sperm can live up to five days past intercourse to fertilize the egg), the fertilized egg may not have even implanted in the uterus yet. This means your body wouldn't be producing the pregnancy hormone hcg, which is what causes the symptoms. Most women won't get pregnancy symptoms until closer to their expected period, and these are usually just the same as pms symptoms (cramping, sore/enlarged breasts).

• 1 decade ago

Every women is different and there could be a chance you are pregnant. Many women get pregnant while taking the pill even if taken correctly. I was extremely tired very early on...before I found out I was pregnant.

• 1 decade ago

Not at all possible. Conception can take up to 5 days to occur, and implantation takes 7-10 days after conception. You won't be able to feel any symptoms until the embryo has implanted and starts to release the pregnancy hormone hCG which is responsible for symptoms. In other words, you won't be able to tell your pregnant for another week or so by urine test at the earliest, and you probably won't be feeling any symptoms until a week or so after your missed period. Your best bet is to wait 19 days from the date of intercourse, then take a pregnancy test if your period has not arrived. ♥

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think it would be a bit soon for symptons after a week and a half are you not due your period thats maybe why your getting these symptons.and because you missed ur pill this could just be in your head.youll have to wait a couple of more weeks to see if you miss your period there is now a new pregnancy test that is very accurate and can tell you sooner.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well everyone is different, but I've heard that some women experienced symptoms just 4 days after they conceived.

• 1 decade ago

the short answer is no the symptoms take time to develop, you may just be run down

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no you cant. way to early. you might just be going through body changes

• 1 decade ago

Not of what I know

Source(s): 17+1w preggo
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. You are not pregnant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.