Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

baking soda whitens teeth?

how do you use baking soda to whiten your teeth? do you brush with it?let it lit on there?? if anyone knows please tell:) and odes it actually work?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

*HYDROGEN PEROXIDE+BAKING SODA WHITENING*

Having less-than-brilliant teeth doesn’t have to mean a trip to the dentist or a whitening kit. Try this all-natural remedy instead.

You Will Need -

Baking soda

Hydrogen peroxide

Bowl

Toothbrush

Plastic wrap

Mint flavoring

Cranberry juice

WARNING! - Do not whiten teeth if you have cavities, open sores, gingivitis, or other gum disease.

Step 1:

In a small bowl, mix 2 teaspoons each of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Stir until it is the consistency of regular toothpaste. You may need to add a bit more peroxide.

TIP - Add a drop or two of sugar-free mint flavoring. To get rid of the Hydrogen Peroxide flavoring.

Step 2:

Apply the whitener to a toothbrush and use as if it was regular toothpaste. Leave the whitener on your teeth for at least two minutes.

Step 3:

Rinse thoroughly. Do not swallow the whitener solution.

TIP - Try rinsing with cranberry juice to get rid of the whitener’s taste; it also kills bacteria.

Step 4:

Cover the bowl with the plastic wrap and set the extra whitener aside for another use.

Step 5:

Brush with the peroxide paste no more than once a week. Hydrogen peroxide can cause tissue damage if used too often.

DID YOU KNOW? - Tooth enamel is the hardest tissue in the human body.

*STRAWBERRY WHITENING*

Strawberries contain malic acid, which is great for removing stains on your teeth.

You Will Need -

1 ripe strawberry

1/2 tsp baking soda

A soft toothbrush

Dental floss

Mouthwash

Hydrogen peroxide

Step 1:

Mash the strawberry with a fork and mix it with the baking soda. The baking soda buffs away stains from coffee, tea, and blueberries that penetrate your enamel over time.

Step 2:

Using a soft toothbrush, apply the mixture to the teeth you want to whiten.

Step 3:

Let the mixture set for five minutes.

Step 4:

Brush your teeth with toothpaste as usual. Floss to get out any seeds from the strawberry.

TIP - Rinsing with a little hydrogen peroxide mixed with water after brushing kills bacteria and whitens teeth.

Step 5:

Rinse your mouth with mouthwash to wash away residual acid. Your teeth will be gleaming and stain-free.

DID YOU KNOW - In the Middle Ages barbers also practiced dentistry.

THIS WILL GET YOUR TEETH WHITE IN A INSTANT.

• XTC666
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Baking soda is the best! I do it all the time and I saw results when i started within the first 3 days. But you need to do it properly. Put toothpaste on your bursh and bursh ur teeth with it a little until its all soapyish, then dip ur toothbrush in baking soda and brush for a full 2 MINUTES, Takes a long time to brush those stains away. and doing this twice a day for 3 days then you will have pearl white teeth!

Source(s): Been there and still doing it!
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Stay away from the professional teeth whitening procedures and from the whitening at home kits. They are using extremely toxic chemicals that can cause IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE TO TOOTH ENAMEL and premature tooth decay.

Check out this site: http://www.naturalwhiteteeth.net - It's about how you can whiten your teeth 100% naturally. Same results but 100% safe and 1000 times cheaper.

• janny
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

if you look at a lot of toothpaste that says whitening on it it has the ingredients baking soda. That is something my mom and grandparents also used for whitening. but it has to be used on a regular basis to get results. Just one brushing with it will not work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • It does whiten your teeth try looking on youtube.com. by typing in baking soda teeth, but it destroys your teeth!! I advice you not to use it! Just get whiteners at the local store!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they have arm and hammer baking soda cream made for your teeth. its at your local grocery store and its in a white plastic bottle. you squeeze it on your toothbrush below or on top of your tooth brush. it doesnt have any taste to it. it works great and isnt expensive the only problem with it is it makes tooth paste fiz and expand so use as little as possible

Source(s): i use it all the time
  • 1 decade ago

there's arm and hammer baking soda whitening toothpaste, or at ur next denist appoitment u can ask to get ur teeth polished with backing soda and air

oh yeah i wouldnt recommd it though it tastes terrible

Source(s): i wear braces and they use baking soda at the dentist
  • 1 decade ago

It does damage the enamel on your teeth if you use it directly. You're better off using a baking soda toothpaste.

• 5 years ago

Yep

• 1 decade ago

I've heard that it does whiten your teeth. You just put it on your toothbrush and... brush.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.