Jews: why is judism respectable (read)?

seriously- why doesn't judism push its beliefs on others- among the abrahamic religions only judism sees fit to act respectfull of other faiths and beliefs or non beliefs and (correct me if i'm wrong) actually goes the extra mile to keep other people OUT of the religion by making it difficult to... show more seriously-

why doesn't judism push its beliefs on others-

among the abrahamic religions only judism sees fit to act respectfull of other faiths and beliefs or non beliefs and (correct me if i'm wrong) actually goes the extra mile to keep other people OUT of the religion by making it difficult to convert.

isn't judism the smallest sect of all three?

so why not market and push your views onto others? is there something in your religious doctrines and upbringing that is not included in islam and christianity?

what i want to know is that if you worship the same sky fairy, ultimately it must be something in your reliigious worship rites that is different, is there some "don't prosthelytize".

i know you get offended at the slightest joke from a non jew, but thats another issue and a far cry from actually forcing others to buy into your unproven belief system.
Update: i'm actually really curious because it seems odd that in this respect you are lumped in with other non monotheistic or more spiritual religions like buddism, wicca, etc. whenever i make that distinction as a responce to tell a christian or muslim not to push thier views on others.
Update 2: abriel- i just read the noahide laws and most of them except not killing or murdering and setting up a fair system of justice are pretty messed up. i mean who defines what is sexually promiscuous? a society that has no relevance today based on social norms of 1000 years ago? ok- i get the reason for inclusion... show more abriel- i just read the noahide laws and most of them except not killing or murdering and setting up a fair system of justice are pretty messed up.

i mean who defines what is sexually promiscuous? a society that has no relevance today based on social norms of 1000 years ago?

ok- i get the reason for inclusion of the god related stuff, but thats still silly.

and not eating the flesth of a living animal? whats wrong with eating a bug? or who cares if the animal is dead or not.

i'll admit- its better than the other two, but still pretty off base to me. at least you don't push the reliigon on others.
Update 3: EDIT: "If you don't care whether a mammal you're eating is still alive, you're remarkably elitist in your views of the world - more like the right-wing Christian notions of 'dominion over the animals' as in "we don't care about animals" than what I would have expected from... show more EDIT:

"If you don't care whether a mammal you're eating is still alive, you're remarkably elitist in your views of the world - more like the right-wing Christian notions of 'dominion over the animals' as in "we don't care about animals" than what I would have expected from an atheist."

i'm an atheist- not a vegan- and the version of the laws i read (as better explained by cher) tended to indicate vegetariansim or veganism- something that i'm against for the purpose of spirituality since it leads to unhealthy eating habits and malnutrition (vegetarians who are "spiritual" as opposed to healthfull tend to have these issues and not make sure they get the proper nutrients for health equal to an omnivorous diet), veganism in the long term is at BEST irresponsible- at worst well it could cause severe health problems in all but the most limited of circumstances (when a person has a medical condition that that diet could help with- not to be used as a fad or spiritual eating habit).
Update 4: as for my problem with the "adultry" requirement- i don't feel it is god or any religions place to determine what is "adultry" between two consenting adults, the bond of trust and betrayal of that trust is between two consenting adults in a relationship and since relationships and the... show more as for my problem with the "adultry" requirement-

i don't feel it is god or any religions place to determine what is "adultry" between two consenting adults, the bond of trust and betrayal of that trust is between two consenting adults in a relationship and since relationships and the definition of "fidelity" vary from culture to culture it is extremely ethnocentric to regulate it- personally i would not be in an "open" relationship for example, but i know people who are- and it is not god (for arguments sake for this point i'll take the jewish point that there is a god)-

the "adultry" requirement is simply a way to keep women from screwing around for inheritance purposes to ensure that the child is in fact the fathers and that a white couple is not surprised when the mom gives birth to a black baby for example (to point out an obvious case of infidelity).

but these days those things are obsolete and god has no more place in the bedroom than the government. IMO
Update 5: "Anti-Semites use this as a proof that Jews hate others- why else would we make it so difficult to convert? Some go so far as to claim that conversion is not allowed, or that converts are somehow inferior to those born Jewish." actually i didn't assume that at all- i assumed that it was for exactly... show more "Anti-Semites use this as a proof that Jews hate others- why else would we make it so difficult to convert? Some go so far as to claim that conversion is not allowed, or that converts are somehow inferior to those born Jewish."

actually i didn't assume that at all- i assumed that it was for exactly that reason since if it were the other way around, judism would have more of a restriction on mingling with other folks like the scam known as scientology does in thier ideas of disassociating with non-scientologists including family, friends children and spouces (presumably because they would talk sense into you into leaving the alleged "religion").
however i didn't speculate it or state it since i'm sure you saw what your 2nd grade teacher did with the word "assume" on the blackboard right?
10 answers 10