Jake asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Help?! Training my dog. Siberian husky.?

Okay well I have a siberian husky mix, she acts much like a husky. I think she's mixed in with german shepherd.

She is very friendly

VERY crazy. One of the most active dogs i seen. She loves to chew. I don't know what to do with her! I have completely no idea how to train her. She knows how to sit,down, stay, and high five. She won't come back when i ask her, and when i play fetch with her(one of her favorite games, she doesn't bring the object back!?)

after she takes a bath, she goes ballistic.

she's got a bit better although

any help

Best Answer

Im a Professional Dog Trainer for PetSmart and i would definitely recommend some classes for your husky mix. I've dealt with a lot of hyper active dogs like yours..for fetch you can get a regular tennis ball puncture a hole and tie a string in it, therefore when you throw the ball you can reel her back in to you. In our class we go over voice cues such as sit, stay, come, down, etc. We also get rid of bad habits such as chewing, barking, jumping, pulling on the leash. Socialization is a BIG part of our class that will help you out greatly. Don't worry everything will be fine your dog is in her Juvenile state of mind and will mellow down as she matures.

Siberian Huskies are no longer the finest dogs to coach. They require a lot of exercising and can scale 6' fences comfortably. in addition they won't be able to be depended on off leash. German Shepherds are clever and due to their intelligence choose for some one that is attentive to what they are doing. Why no longer pass to a safeguard and get a senior dogs it incredibly is maximum probable already housebroken? the straight forward lifespan of a dogs is around 15 years, so which you will possibly have various time with them.

• Linda

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://bitly.im/aM5EL

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

I'd track down some Husky breeders (either go to a dog show or contact the Siberian Husky Club of America) and see if they can give you some people who train Huskies in your area.

http://www.shca.org/

Well,

Congratulations on your new puppy!

Here are some tips.

To teach her to come, stand a few feet away from here and hold a treat in your hands. Call her name and wait for her to come towards you. if she does, praise her and give her the treat. Do that a couple more times. Then, hold the treat and call her name and say come. Do this a couple more times. Do this for 10 minutes, 3 times a day.

And I guess some dogs just don't like bath water, that's normal.

Good Luck!

I definatly recommend taking her to a puppy class. Or some type of training. Huskys are active dogs that LOVE to run. get her some type of chewy bone or something and excersize her a lot..

How old is the dog?

Take her out for some exercise a couple of hours a day.

She'll be a lot more calmer and easier to deal with.

Also, if she doesnt come to you when you call, get a long leash and make her come to you. You shouldnt give a command if you are not able to enforce it.

Sign up for obedience training classes. Also check if they train agility, flyball, Dockdogs - something else to keep her active.