Jake asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Help?! Training my dog. Siberian husky.?

Okay well I have a siberian husky mix, she acts much like a husky. I think she's mixed in with german shepherd.

She is very friendly

VERY crazy. One of the most active dogs i seen. She loves to chew. I don't know what to do with her! I have completely no idea how to train her. She knows how to sit,down, stay, and high five. She won't come back when i ask her, and when i play fetch with her(one of her favorite games, she doesn't bring the object back!?)

after she takes a bath, she goes ballistic.

she's got a bit better although

any help

Best Answer

watch its me or the dog on animal plant. and try getting a dog clicker. and click it when you say come. when they come to you give them a treat and pet them generously. keep doing that and it should work.

Some people will feed the dog when dinner is over and they think that's different, but the dog can't tell when it's dinner time and will bug you until you stop dinner and then feed him. So think about the chain of behavior that you're rewarding here. Learn here https://tr.im/am6Cw

Contrary to what you're being told here, feeding your dog "people food" is not what's making him beg. I'm a professional trainer and always feed my dog human quality training treats (cut up chicken, cheese, beef, turkey, etc.) and those of us trainers who do this never have a begging problem. Our dogs know that they get "paid" for correct behavior and never from the table. You could feed your dog dogfood from the table and have a begging problem. It isn't *what* you're feeding, but *when* and *where* you feed him that counts.

If you have a problem with begging, the odds are that you have other problems as well. Consider taking your dog to a basic training class to teach him to obey when you ask him to do something or stop doing something undesirable. Dogs that bark and pester you have learned bad habits-- from you! Going to a training class will help you unlearn those and help you get into better habits.

• Jane

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://bitly.im/aMiCo

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

• geisz

Siberian Huskies are no longer to any extent further the preferable canines to show. They require assorted workout and would scale 6' fences comfortably. additionally they gained't have the skill to be relied on off leash. German Shepherds are sensible and thank you to their intelligence pick for some one which is conscious of what they are doing. Why no longer bypass to a shield and get a senior canines it somewhat is optimal in all probability already housebroken? the quickly forward lifespan of a canines is around 15 years, so which you will in all probability have relatively some time with them.