Derek asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Would I benefit from trading my Reggie Wayne for both Vincent Jackson and David Garrard?

Is this a decent trade?

My other wide receiver is Andre Johnson with backups Roy E. Williams, Bernard Berrian and Anthony Gonzalez. My quarterbacks are Matt Schaub and Shaun Hill.

Favorite Answer

First of all, this depends on how many WRs you start. If your league starts only two WRs with a flex, then I would not make this trade because you would be losing a good fantasy starter in Wayne that has a great QB in real-life. You would only be gaining Vincent Jackson and I would put him in the same WR tier as Roy Williams. Also, Garrard is on the same fantasy QB tier as your backup QB, Hill. You definitely do not need three QBs so you would have to drop Hill anyways. So, you would essentially be trading your starting #2 WR for two backups, which does not make sense at all.

Why would you do this? Schaub has all the pieces in place for a great season (not to mention the #2 ranked WR at his disposal) and the Wayne/Manning combo is one of the most durable and consistent ever.

you wouldnt garrard is terrible and jackson is still unproven if you are uncertain about the qb situation trade wayne straight up for good qb