do mirrored closet doors look tacky?

do you think mirrored closet doors look bad and tacky?

in a teens room?

Thankss

• Ranger
    Best Answer

No, they do not look tacky, but they can date your house to the late 60's. In the late 1960's, every modern home had mirrored closet doors so the woman could see how she looked before presenting herself to the world each day, or especially if she was going out somewhere.

Then in more prosperous times, Chevet Mirrors became the fashion, (Tall stand alone mirrors with wood frames and bases).

When my daughter was a Teen, she had me install a large flat mirror in her closet so she could check her appearance. A lot of her friends commented they wish they had a large mirror at their homes.

So I think you will find you will use the mirror every day because it gives you a hair to shoe self inspection. You will see the complete woman so to speak.

We had a mirrored closet door in the master bedroom when we moved into our house. We removed it. It just looked better to have nothing than the mirrored doors that didn't even shut right. We have a plain bifold door we are going to install. I don't care for mirrored doors myself.

It might be better to use curtains/beaded curtains instead of a traditional door. You can get fun trendy curtains for not that much money, then when you want to redo your room, get different ones. The only benefit of the mirrored closet door is that you have lots of mirrors in your room. If the room is pretty small and doesn't have a lot of light, you might want to keep them though.

Kind of, i have a door but in my old house i used like a curtain thingy.

Only if if swings around when you open the door. If it is like a wavy shape ( eg; http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/15802_PE066546_S4.jp... and doesnt swing around, then it will look good

YES!