Taking our dog with us over the road, in an 18 wheeler? details inside?

My boyfriend just got a new truck and is fixing to start driving for his dad, who owns a small trucking company. It's a truck with a sleeper, so it's got room. We are living with my parents right now while our home is being remodeled and we have a dog that's grown really attached to the two of us.... show more My boyfriend just got a new truck and is fixing to start driving for his dad, who owns a small trucking company. It's a truck with a sleeper, so it's got room.

We are living with my parents right now while our home is being remodeled and we have a dog that's grown really attached to the two of us. She is a chihuahua.

I was wondering if anyone knows any ways to make her comfortable with going? She loves riding in the car, and has ridden in an 18 wheeler, but not for a long ride. I'm sure since she'll have her bed (kind of like her security blanket) she'll be ok. She'll also be able to walk several times a day, and will still have the same brand of food available (wellness). She'll have her toys, her blankets, her bed, her walks, everything she used to have, except now she'll have more time with us! :D We've talked with our vet about taking her, he says she should be fine seeing how she's a small dog, and doesn't require MUCH exercise.

Just to point out, if anyone has objections with her going, save it. She has to go. She's attached to us, has been with us for 2 years, and has to be on anxiety medicine when we're away for long periods of time or she'll lick and chew her paws raw.