How do I fix a 23 fault code on a 2000 Dodge Caravan with a 3.3l v6?

I left my van running at a friends house the other day for about 15-20 minutes and when I came out to leave the van had died out. When I tried to restart it it would not idle but if I gave it alot of gas I could get it to run. I got it home but it would die when I stopped, at higher rpms it ran great. I turned if... show more I left my van running at a friends house the other day for about 15-20 minutes and when I came out to leave the van had died out. When I tried to restart it it would not idle but if I gave it alot of gas I could get it to run. I got it home but it would die when I stopped, at higher rpms it ran great. I turned if off and checked all fluid levels and all were where they should be. I noticed the check engine light also came on while I was driving it home. I ran the self scan test and got a fault code of 23. This code means air intake temp sensor problem and is the same as a p0112 or p0113 code on a OBDII scanner. The problem is there is no AIT sensor on the 3.3 v6. I have spoke with the local Chrysler dealer and a friend who is a mechanic and no one has been able to help so far. I had just put gas in the van as it was very low on fuel that day. Only 8 miles till empty. Could this problem be bad gas or setiment in the fuel filter. Some have recommended I change the MAS sensor but the van does not have one it has a MAP sensor. I will change it if it may help but it is a $120 part and I'm not sure if it could possibly be the problem. Does anyone have any info on a 23 fault code and where I should start. No blown fuses and now the van will start but dies almost as soon as it does. I can also hear some backfiring in the engine compartment if a try to give it gas to make it stay running. I don't know if this will help but I have only owned the van for 6 months and it only gets about 15 miles per gallon even on the highway. Thanks for any help...
1 answer 1