How long can an opened bag of Potato chips last after being open?

I was going through my pantry and I found an open bag of chips that has been there for about 2 maybe 3 months. Are they still safe to eat?(They've had a clip on them. )

• Jim
    Favorite Answer

Well, the clip essentially keeps the bag "closed." If you're willing to try a chip and see if they still taste good, I would go ahead. Nothing bad is going to happen. If they taste really stale and nasty, just spit it out.

If they're not too stale, I would just keep them, especially if they're really good chips. A lot of it depends on how tightly the clip was secured and how much time the chips spent exposed to air.

If you can easily replace the chips, I would just go ahead and do that, but if you are out of options, I would test these chips and if they are okay, go ahead and eat them. If you keep the chips and there are a lot left, and you need to put them back in storage, keep using the bag clip! That's what it's there for!

Guess it varies from chip to chip brand, probably based on what and how many preservatives, salt content, and maybe the oil used. I ate Kettle brand chips for a week opened, they were fine, but then they were the salt and vinegar and vinegar is used to preserve foods. But you should check out the potato chips headquarters site out, maybe you'll find more information:

http://www.world-of-potato-chips.com

• roath

often some week till now it is going stale. it fairly is going to final longer in case you re-seal the bag once you're completed employing it. There are bag re-sealers on the industry at a real looking fees

I think the chips are good for a week.

Im sure they are technically safe to eat but they are probably pretty stale and taste bad.

I would say no. Only one way to find out!