Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

Can i feed my hampster tap water?

I was wondering what would be better for a hamster. Water from the tap, or bottled water. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

tap water is fine

my hamsters have always been drinking it.

but if you feel that your tap water isn't suitable use rain water

it is natural and all animals love it

what you need to do is put a bowl outside when there's rain and when the bowl is full pour it into the water bottle.

i hope i helped

good luck (:

Source(s): owner of 2 female dwarf hamsters (:

I have a really nice filter for my water, so I always use that for my hamsters, but if you don't have a filter, tap is probably better than bottled.

Tap Water is fine. Unless you're tap water is unsafe just fill their bottle from the faucet.

Source(s): have owned 4 hammys

I only give my animals distilled water. Even regular bottled water still has a lot of crap in it.

If your water is filthy like mine is and has chlorine and unfiltered you're better off bottled